real time web analytics
2016 is the year I will become a proper explorer(currently recruiting in Scotland) | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

2016 is the year I will become a proper explorer(currently recruiting in Scotland)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome in and good luck in your quest. there"s stuff out there that"s for sure.

As for the above Politics, i wouldn"t suggest it"s purely a "Scottish" thing

Hopefully you wont be like other members that joined a year ago without a single report posted yet ;)

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome in and good luck in your quest. there"s stuff out there that"s for sure.

As for the above Politics, i wouldn"t suggest it"s purely a "Scottish" thing

Hopefully you wont be like other members that joined a year ago without a single report posted yet ;)
Once I'm back at work I'll save a bit of money to go on a little Road trip to already known sites to get a bit of experience and between doing that, I'll be researching possible new sites to visit. Hopefully it won't take me a year for my first report.

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
...I suppose it would be better to actually explore and find a place using my own initiative rather than relying on information from other members...
^^^ you'll go far with that thought, proper exploring rather than tour bussing to places that have a million reports already :thumb

kingnothing41

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome. I'm a Scottish explorer.
Been out of action for few years though. Mainly due to other ties getting in the way.
Me and my buddy are trying to make a conscious effort to get back into it this year. As we used to love nothing more than getting up early on a weekend and heading out. There are tons of places out there to explore and a lot of these "done to death" places are still totally worth a look. Even if it is just for yourself.
Best of luck to you man. Who knows we'll maybe cross paths some day!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
It would be.good to have a few more active explorers posting reports from Scotland, wish I had more time when passing through. Loads of sites, but it's just the same ones which seem to get posted on here.

LostRailwaysPage

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi......

There's tonnes of places to explore in Fife and further afield, my page has covered loads of sites and the pics have been heavily shared through Facebook with other explorer related pages looking for material. In Fife everyone seems to visit the Thornton Fever hospital, it's been done to death.

I'm in Dunfermline and generally work with 1 other explorer, 2 at most. Too many feet on the ground detracts from stealth!! Done a good few explores alone too.

Where are you in Fife? Feel free to PM me if you are genuinley interested in getting involved :)

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There's a few folk exploring up here, nice to see some new faces appearing :) Speed's explained/condensed the 'schism' from a few years back pretty well above I'd say, there's still a fairly active 'scene' in Scotland, just not much openly online it seems....

Whereabouts in Scotland are you looking to explore? It's a bog country, depending on whereabouts is of interest/local to you I may be able to help?

Emma Connor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey, im from fife.

Havent done much in a few years and not too experiences but looking to meet some likeminded people :)

Mika

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey (: I'm a photographer / explorer who studies in Fife, so I'm in Scotland half the year. I've photographed the Grange in St. Andrews and the Kirkcaldy Victoria Power Station so far, and I'm always looking for new people to explore with. I'd love to explore together some time if you want!

ObsidianNight

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi guys!

I'm in Fife too, and would love to go exploring now that the weather's nice. PM me if you want to team up!

plastik100

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have been interested in urban exploration since childhood when I spent most of my time in building sites and abandoned houses. I couldn't really appreciate the beauty of exploring these types of places during my childhood as like every other kid, I got bored easily, moved on to more mainstream hobbies like football. The idea of taking on urban exploration as a full time hobby has always been in the back of my mind along with a vast amount of other stuff. Recently I was looking at abandoned buildings and military sites online and stumbled across this great community full of explorers seeking the same thrills and adventures as me. I joined up and have spent a lot of time reading threads about equipment, locations, leads and rumors, reports and everything in between. All I can say is, I didn't think for a second that this community would be as big as it is. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of explorers in Scotland but I am not put off by this. I'll use it as motivation to join or even create my own urban exploration team to explore and document the forgotten places in this amazing country. I have all of the equipment I need that I need to explore a wide range of sites and have a basic understanding of of the principles of urban exploration. I am currently recruiting explorers to join my team or I would be equally happy joining another team. An amateur photographer would be advantageous as would anyone with any kind of experience in the art of urban exploration. Thanks for reading and if you're living in Scotland and are interested in teaming up then don't hesitate to get in touch with me.

hiya, im going to be going up to aberdeen alot from now on, at least once a month and would be happy to join your adventues