Web
Analytics
2019 Big Meet Up | General Chat | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

2019 Big Meet Up

chills

Check out my Instagram: @ChillsSnaps
28DL Full Member
Defo on this after last year's antics, do any of the locals know about 24 hour car parks in the center? Sleeping in the back of my car rather than taking out a mortgage for a hotel :thumb
There’s the Town Hall car park by New Street, so that would be your closest or either of the two NCP car parks that are slightly further away but still close enough to get back to :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hopefully in a couple of weeks @Ojay will start a thread for each day, as he did last year, away from the public forum as we don't really want to discuss specific plans in public.
I've set up a pop-up social group (invite only) and won't be just letting every man and his dog in!

If noobs want to get involved, get in touch if you're planning on being around during the daytime and I'll add you in

ZZZAP!

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm tempted to come as I'm local and started exploring properly last year. I don't really know anyone though, but always glad to meet new people.

westernsultan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best and worst car parks in Birmingham
Easiest to drive round: Snow Hill (Council) and Bullring Central (private)
Easiest to park: Bullring car parks, top floors at Snow Hill, Town Hall, Grand Central and Paradise where extra daylight helps – but out of these last four, only Grand Central has a lift.
Worst stairs: Paradise
Scariest at night: Town Hall / Paradise
Safest: Q-Park, Brindleyplace / Bullring Central
Electric charging points? Q-Park, Brindleyplace (4), Bullring car parks (various)
Cheapest: 24 hours in the Pershore Street and Markets multi-storeys is £4.
Most expensive: Watch the leap from £10 to £18 if you stay for more than four hours at NCP Birmingham New Street
Creche / Cafe / Wi-Fi: Bullring Moor Street
Biggest car park: Bullring Moor Street (1,195 spaces)
Most disabled spaces: Bullring Moor Street (78)
Most family spaces: Bullring Moor Street (68)

Town Hall multi-storey
WHERE: Brunel Street /Navigation Street, Birmingham B4 5AF
Affectionately known as The Cage because of the metal structure around it.. this Birmingham City Council car park has an excellent central location but the one-hour band has been axed this year.
How do you pay? The system changed last year. Instead of barrier entry and pay on return, you can now drive straight in leading to ramp congestion at peak times. But you have to pay in advance and leave a ticket in your windscreen. Use cash, debit or credit card.
Prices from April 1, 2018: £3 - 2 hours; £5.80 - 4 hours; £8.80 - 6 hours; £12 - 12 hours (new); £14- 24 hours. Arriving after 6pm, it’s £3 for two hours, or £5 up to midnight.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Easiest to park: Bullring car parks, top floors at Snow Hill, Town Hall, Grand Central and Paradise where extra daylight helps – but out of these last four, only Grand Central has a lift.
Electric charging points? Q-Park, Brindleyplace (4), Bullring car parks (various)
Most expensive: Watch the leap from £10 to £18 if you stay for more than four hours at NCP Birmingham New Street

Town Hall multi-storey
Affectionately known as The Cage because of the metal structure around it.. this Birmingham City Council car park has an excellent central location but the one-hour band has been axed this year.
How do you pay? The system changed last year. Instead of barrier entry and pay on return, you can now drive straight in leading to ramp congestion at peak times. But you have to pay in advance and leave a ticket in your windscreen. Use cash, debit or credit card.
Prices from April 1, 2018: £3 - 2 hours; £5.80 - 4 hours; £8.80 - 6 hours; £12 - 12 hours (new); £14- 24 hours. Arriving after 6pm, it’s £3 for two hours, or £5 up to midnight.
Ah nice one for this! Am I fuck paying for a hotel, if I can’t find a decent derp to camp in then it’s the back seat of the car for me. Nice to have a choice of places! :D

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really fancy this. I don't envy the person who organises the daytime wanderings of us all though ha!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

Town Hall multi-storey
Worth noting also the NCP Londonderry House car park, the one that is just down the road from the Methodist Central Hall is £1 an hour on weekends. Or at least it was last year...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WhoDaresWins General Chat 42
The Stig General Chat 164
Punk General Chat 46
The Stig General Chat 43