Web
Analytics
Report - - 2020 DEMOLISHED - Royal St Davids Hotel Harlech | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 2020 DEMOLISHED - Royal St Davids Hotel Harlech

Justakingphotoz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have visited Harlech 4 times in the last 4 years and have usually visited this site each stay.

The Royal ST Davids Hotel is a large building that was built on the Harlech coast overlooking the Royal St Davids Golf course. It was built based on Sketches drawn by George Henry Walton. The building caught fire in 1922 and was subsequently Rebuild hurriedly by Griffith Morris, Giving it a slightly different aesthetic.

Since its Downfall The Building was considered an Eyesore and there have been many attempts to gain permission to demolish it by the snowdon Council. Part of the issue was due to the occupation Of Bats in the building.

The building was owned by a Gibraltar company which had completely disregarded the property.

At the time of this post, Sept 2020, I can confidently say the building has been fully demolished.

Photos taken on Pentax K20D

IMGP0028.JPG

Cloudy day

IMGP0007.JPG

IMGP0006.JPG

IMGP0042 edit.jpg

Nice window

Safety first

IMGP0063.JPG

IMGP0038.JPG

IMGP0056.JPG

IMGP0081.JPG

Strong 7pm sunlight

IMGP0018 wales.JPG

IMGP0076 wales.JPG

IMGP0017.JPG

Claimed by nature

IMGP0075.JPG

Ocean View

Attachments

Last edited:

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Damn.

I was hoping to visit this last month whilst in the area but ran out of time. Fuckit.

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It really was a fetid death trap. Stunning views thou. Better explores further down the hill!
Yeah, I've heard there's a few in the area ;) I'll have to pop back before the year is out.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm sure everyone in harlech jumped for joy when they heard it was finally getting demod, was abit of a eyesore on what is a very lovely town.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Huge building, probably a nice explore when about. What stood out to me was the amount of grey. I know hospitals are not pleasant anyway, but this building certainly wouldnt have patients marvelling at its beauty. Shame as the views look lovely