real time web analytics
360' camera reccomendations | Photography and Video Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

360' camera reccomendations

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
ok, this attachment converts a single gopro type camera to take the split screen VR 3-D (Cell phone in those big goofy googles) not a 360 degree view. Point of view is only where the cameras pointed. Link ---> https://www.cnet.com/news/this-lens-turns-a-gopro-into-a-3d-camera/

1585605829374.png

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I would rather make it myself to be honest. I was thinking smaller and cheaper camera sensors rather than using gopros also that eBay listing is a model on thingiverse so I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be selling it either lol.

Something like a runcam split would be much smaller and lighter but I was more thinking of smaller and lighter, something to just set the image sensors on and have the processors merged together in one circuit elsewhere.

It was initially meant for multirotor mounting so weight is a consideration.

All that said I did say I had decided not to bother, ive got more than enough projects on the go right now and this looks like something I'll have to make and I wasn't that interested in it, if I see something that fits the bill on my travels i might look at it again but for now i know what direction to take I just dont have the time or enough intetest anymore to pursue it at this present time nor can I get the bits delivered. Apprechiate your help though.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Looking at the multi camera versions it apears they use the same or simular software to the commercial 360 cameras which processes it to be a fish bowl so thats the limitation. I suspect if you put a normal video through it will still fish eye it but it's only a guess.

I'll stick to my front and rear facing cameras I think.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
They are definitely not for me lol the absolute opposite to what I'm after, just don't like fisheye.

Wibbs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They are definitely not for me lol the absolute opposite to what I'm after, just don't like fisheye.

you can keep them just 360 i used the app to do them .I do VR

You can keep them as is .I use these through my VR without the edit . Not sure if it works on here to get the full 360

Wibbs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
you can keep them just 360 i used the app to do them .I do VR

You can keep them as is .I use these through my VR without the edit . Not sure if it works on here to get the full 360
Nope it don't work on here only facecrack can host the 360