real time web analytics
Report - - 36DD - Stocksbridge/Sheffield - 28/05/2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 36DD - Stocksbridge/Sheffield - 28/05/2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
Today I decided I should finally get some good photos at 36DD! (some photos are sorta slanted but only because my tripod was playing up on the rocky river bed, so my apologies for that if any are slanted!)

The Explore!

Getting to the outfall for about 6:30 PM, I was all kitted up and ready for this journey (ive done this whole thing 3 bloody times now...)

Stood outside the outfall I could smell the pungent "fresh" smell (and shite)

Stepping inside it was very quick to impress! Lovely structure. Massive in this bit!
The construction changes quite fast in this part.

Next up, spraycreted concrete section! Nice. The walls were layered in spiders but that doesnt bother me. (slanted photo, haha)

We then have a quick open section, then onto the horrible ankle breaking river bed section, yikes... (yes, another slanted photo, looks cool to be honest with ya)

What I really love, is the amount of water falls in this culvert, there are loads! Love that cable bridge in the second one!

Then, onto parabolyic section, the WORST underfoot, but some of the best features!

This one was a little tricky to dodge but not a problem!

Moving swiftly ,it switches back to the concrete arch culvert, the waterfall ahead was the loudest of all of them... Almost necked myself on that cable, wasnt really looking what was infront I was more concentrated on trying to see WTF I was standing on, this part is stupid with potholes and random dips.

Flippin heck it were loud! Didnt smell too nice here on the right there is a smelly sewer poking open.

You would have thought that plunge pool was deep, but it wasnt!
Ahead we can see a split, exciting stuff.

Beautiful. Up the right hand culvert!

Going past the waterfall it gets surprisingly deep, and surprisingly murky so I almost took a swim as I couldnt see ANYTHING in the water.

Daylight ahead, and no I wont be going that way... liberty steels will have me! Back down the left hand culvert now.

Leaky pipe.

Then we have this outfall, im not sure if anyone here has been up it but if not, dont. I went up and I was greeted with a 30/40 meter distance from daylight. but also a 3 foot stoop, from what I can make out of what was at the inlet, it looked like some sort of mini bellmouth spillway that I was at the bottom of. and water was spraying directly down, it got to a point where it was so low I couldnt proceed any further, but was very interesting to see!

A few photos on the way back!

Cable bridge

Horrible underfoot.

OOOOO Spraycrete!

Noticed this outfall on the spraycrete section, climbing up the waterfall you go so far and it comes to an even higher waterfall, at the top was an egg shaped culvert would be good to see whats further ,whos got a spare ladder haha!

Almost out!

Phew...

But wait, theres another smaller section if you go further downstream!

Short and sweet concrete arched culvert, love it.

Over exposed abit haha! Shows how spider infested this place is.. very deep at this bit luckily it has a concrete floor on it on both sides!

Orange goo filled outfall, not sure where the water is coming from as its blocked off inside, its practically just a hole in the side of the culvert...

Looking back.

The culvert swiftly turns 90 degrees right to the outfall, no pics of the outfall itself sadly, looking back here by the way. Now off for a brew me thinks haha!

Thats all for today, a fantastic and smelly explore, thanks for looking!

Note: Ojay can you take down my "36DD Substandard Phone Reccy Photos" Report please, thanks.

Last edited:

Kursory1

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is really a good. I like bit a lot and love it too. I am happy to read this for my yes I do. Whenever I went here I was like omg wow, I wish id have seen you there and given you a nice handshake ayup. Fun fun fun love the post
Love,
Grandma

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
This is really a good. I like bit a lot and love it too. I am happy to read this for my yes I do. Whenever I went here I was like omg wow, I wish id have seen you there and given you a nice handshake ayup. Fun fun fun love the post
Love,
Grandma
what

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
nice report

Love,
Grandma

Totally agree