real time web analytics
Question - - 4 the love of gas | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - 4 the love of gas

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anybody got a 4gas ?
If so, who does your calibration/test/cert ?
turnaround times and cost ?
Cheers and TIA

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I’ve got a proper confined space company that do mates rates for me and issue proper certificate. If you can get it to Manchester I can prob help you out. Message me a few more details and I can have a word, I don’t wanna take the piss as he does 2 for me every 6 months and also recently sorted me a new o2 sensor for one for a fraction of the cost, all genuine parts/paperwork/warranty..

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi ojay
Big thanks for that
I’ll be I touch later just getting Waldorz on this second as I’m down masticator in Leeds
Cheers

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
I’ve got a proper confined space company that do mates rates for me and issue proper certificate. If you can get it to Manchester I can prob help you out. Message me a few more details and I can have a word, I don’t wanna take the piss as he does 2 for me every 6 months and also recently sorted me a new o2 sensor for one for a fraction of the cost, all genuine parts/paperwork/warranty..
Nice your lucky , the cost of maintenance is stupid now days ! Their is no price on health and safety though especially in the confined spaces world , when I worked highways I always use to have the hooded escape sets my face is never clean shaven so the standard ones wouldn’t seal as your aware , also never have to mess around with straps ! Altair 4x is my favourite.

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Down and beyond
The cost IS ridiculous but ya cant put a price on self preservation
With the 4 gas on the blink I opted not to explore some dirty foul sidepipes on todays mooch along Masticator
Although I did open one flap to an incoming line and took a couple of stoopy steps inside....ankle deep in sludge the smell was pretty bad !!!!! looked down at me boots and could see tiny bubbles popping up in the silt next to me..............err, time to leave....right now !!!!
maybe its just me but im not partial to H2S in the nasal passage !!!!
only had it (the 4gas) go off once in London climbing up some wooden weir boards on a tight curve of a trunk sewer into the overflow chamber. the silt must have built up on the curve and settled up against the boards, it was more or less knee deep. Scared the S**t out of me !!!!!