real time web analytics
Report - - 5 Cheapside, London - April 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 5 Cheapside, London - April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
5 Cheapisde​

cheapside_zps4c974a61.jpg
History​
In the middle ages, Cheapside began as a market. As the number of businesses grew so did the number of markets in the capital. The fire of 1666 destroyed Cheapside. In the 19th century the area regained a new name for trade. Shops and restaurants thrived throughout the Victorian Era, but have now been replaced with business buildings and concrete structures.

5 Cheapside was a concrete building referred to as the Octagon building, because it had eight sides. The building was given planning consent in 1963, but was not constructed until 1968. The building was a rare survivor of 1960 architecture, but was threatened with demolition and replaced with a new modern building.

My visit​
After a very successful explore under London, a rooftop was definitely needed, visited with Gabe & Southside Assassin, we waited outside, and waited, and waited, then the whole word came over and spoke to us, all intoxicated of course, we then waited some more, the street got busier and busier, we thought it wasn't going to be our night, until there was a pause in the madness and Southside made a break for it and over he went, so then after more waiting lol Gabe and I made a dash for it and in we went!
A very nice rooftop and even though not high, was a great explore and to add my first crane, so something easy was definitely appreciated, I now admire the people that climb this unbelievably high cranes, respect. The exit was a chuckle as well, and as we vacated the premises the police drove past.....perfect timing not......but they didn't see us fortunately. Really enjoyable rooftop and thanks to Gabe for taking Southside and I, awesome.

Also fairplay to Southside for climbing the crows nest, I think that's what its called ;)

DSC_0443_zpsf5507ed8.jpg

DSC_0446_zpsf3d36412.jpg

DSC_0419_zps4b89ed10.jpg

DSC_0440_zps15e9e2d1.jpg

DSC_0452_zpscf8f9523.jpg

DSC_0454_zps4d971c80.jpg

DSC_0463_zpsdbfcc040.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsee37ac4a.jpg

DSC_0471_zps707bbfe0.jpg

Thank you for looking and big thanks once again to Gabe!

Last edited:

Southside UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one rik, u got some decent pics.
Was a fun night didnt think we would ever get a quiet minute to get in there. :)

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member
Good work Rik, it's a nice roof this one for views. Not high by any means, but the positioning makes it a good one.

Well done :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details