real time web analytics
Information - - A Case For Insurance and Camera Armour | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - A Case For Insurance and Camera Armour

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

IMG_20130414_234840_zps4c0c522e.jpg

IMG_20130414_234905_zpsd6164d8c.jpg

Whilst I was out last night the wind picked up my camera and it's tripod and dropped them onto a concrete floor. I don't have insurance and I didn't have any armour on my camera, so I'm screwed. I'm not saying that I'd be feeling anyless gutted with the a350 being my first DSLR and all, but I might not now have to find a couple of hundred note from thin air at a time when everybody is skint and I've got housing issues to sort.

Has anybody had damage this repaired?

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
I have FA cover, I'm going to get a repair estimate from a local camera shop today. I really can't afford an upgrade and don't want to have to shell out on a 2nd hand camera/downgrade

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Have you gone through a claims process with them?

Yeah had to claim for a lens being stolen a couple of years ago but I guess that was routine (had bought new, had receipt, had crime number etc) - don't think I'm covered for accidental damage on my policy..

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I claimed through my house insurance for loss of a G10, then total loss by damage of a 400D a year later. Went through to fraud department, had to get it resolved by way of formal banking complaint. It also put restrictions on my amount of cover, plus I lost NCB.

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
Having just taken my camera for a swim in a drain...I feel for you pal, I considered claiming on home insurance too but the ncb would be screwed.
Hope you manage to sort it :thumb

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
one of the thanet lads just sold one of these for 140quid in good condition. The sonys are so cheap used you would prbably be better off replacing it once you have paid insurance and excess mate.

goan

Chatbox Retard
28DL Full Member
If you get insurance make sure you look at excess. Covered mine, excess was more than the damage and they wouldnt cover it

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Ouch!, feel your pain there bro :(

(A D7000 wouldn't fall apart like that) :p:

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
That's shit :(

A camera might survive a dip in a drain if you react quick enough and get the battery straight out but it's not going to survive a smash like that

This is the one you had in bunker a few years ago isn't it :(

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
I need to get insurance for my camera, this has just kicked me up my arse, feel for you mate, I'd hate that to happen to me

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details