real time web analytics
A few photos of the demolition of RAF Beachy Head | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A few photos of the demolition of RAF Beachy Head

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
What are we looking at here? Is the at the bottom of one of those nearby manholes? Lifted one of them and seemed to have a solid chalk backfill at the bottom.

No mate it's not, i sent you a pm.

Paul, yeah was a real help mate.

Reef getting closer, but the artic weather is delaying my efforts, cause im a woss :p:

penguin_potter

28DL Member
28DL Member
So the story goes. I've always assumed this square would have been the emergency exit? http://binged.it/VaUkxB
I've been researching into this bunker for a while. From what I've managed to piece together from forums, historical archives and photos, as well as asking the helpful tourist information people in the beachy head visitor centre I've produced this map. The red line indicates the compound that the radar station and bunker complex used to be. Down in the bottom left was where the huge main radar building and radar was. The main hatch is where the guardhouse used to be with a stairwell down into the tunnel. Following the tunnel takes you to the cable shaft which is where access was made earlier this year for some explorers. This then opens up into the main bunker. The emergency exit is then at the other end. I am fairly confident in the humid air vent position however this is the only part I've really guessed at rather than knowing for sure. I've based it's location off a few photos, a suspicious looking perfect square in the grass and that it would make logical sense to have a humid air vent in the dead centre of the bunker. Anyone got any further info?

map with maps.jpg

maps.jpg