real time web analytics
Report - - A pair of Gas holders / Gasometers – Braintree – Aug 2015 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A pair of Gas holders / Gasometers – Braintree – Aug 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member
The History

I haven’t really got much in the way of factual history on these and the net didn’t really come up with much. But I can tell you a little about them that I know from living around here.

They were sat in the corner of the local coal yard when I was a kid, as the trains went from coal to electric the yard closed and sat empty for years, as kids in the late 80’s / early 90’s we built BMX ramps in there and rode the life out of the yard. Always staying away from the gasometers as our parents told us they where dangerous.

I can’t say I noticed when they disappeared but over the years the yard got redeveloped and flats and houses appeared. I guess I just assumed they had been pulled down…..

The Explore

Well I’d assumed wrongly….

A few weeks ago whilst sat in traffic, I noticed through the modern posh flats, the framework climbing into the sky. Hmm were they an “urbexable” thing?

After a quick look on here I realised they were.

Well this morning on the way to work it happened, I climbed them.

Not much to tell really, access was easy and they were ok to climb. The view over the town was amazing.

As always I hope you like the pics

1_zpsut6bwf41.jpg

2_zpsezmkr1el.jpg

3_zpshqcjg2pk.jpg

4_zpsrnqfqtqk.jpg

5_zps8umzpebr.jpg

6_zpspw8s4vk9.jpg

7_zpsmoueh8kt.jpg

8_zpscoeioamc.jpg

9_zps0ybpawpb.jpg

10_zpsxnmijasf.jpg

11_zpsf6fi2e6h.jpg

12_zpsra75t090.jpg

13_zps7qmnxqro.jpg

14_zpsstiketqj.jpg

15_zps0ddhby4n.jpg

16_zpsnj8jvsbw.jpg

17_zps9qvpcimi.jpg

18_zpsalh068bl.jpg

19_zpsbvlkilbo.jpg

20_zpsovs8mdl1.jpg

21_zpsxrhypt0d.jpg

22_zpsszdsn1gj.jpg

23_zpsvik8zy1v.jpg

24_zpsykqw18bd.jpg

Last edited:

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Nicely done, good bit of daytime gas too.

Would say this it more industrial than high stuff though, as there's not an awful lot of height? Just my opinion anyway!

Hydro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks cool :thumb Also looks a lot safer than the one ive done I.e theres not dodgey as f*ck ladders without a cage :P