real time web analytics
A Quick Hello from North Wales! | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A Quick Hello from North Wales!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CAD_Master_3000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello from a slate enthusiast here in North Wales.

I've been exploring round the slate mines and quarries of Wales for a few years now and recently started exploring underground in some of the older, less explored mines of Blaenau Ffestiniog.

I work with slate day to day as a CAD engineer and memorial mason, working with the materials which built the quarries and mines I explore.

I'm a little ways off my first report, but when I do get it posted, I'll try to include both the Welsh and English names for the quarries and processes I'll be posting.

I hope to get to show you the incredible sites I've discovered over the last few years, but also meet people with similar interests and discover new sites with them.

Thanks guys, and I'm excited to be here!

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Sounds like you're passionate about your local area and exploring it, look forward to seeing some of the mines etc you've explored, get some posted up even if it's just a handful of shots, get contributing and you'll fit in here OK.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User

I've been exploring round the slate mines and quarries of Wales for a few years now and recently started exploring underground in some of the older, less explored mines of Blaenau Ffestiniog.

I work with slate day to day as a CAD engineer and memorial mason, working with the materials which built the quarries and mines I explore.

I'm a little ways off my first report, but when I do get it posted, I'll try to include both the Welsh and English names for the quarries and processes I'll be posting.

I hope to get to show you the incredible sites I've discovered over the last few years, but also meet people with similar interests and discover new sites with them.

Welcome! As a fellow lover of North Wales and all things slate, very much looking forward to your reports.

chills

Queller of the uprising

Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!