real time web analytics
Report - - A short trip to Budapest – Hungary, September 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A short trip to Budapest – Hungary, September 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adi_Cherryson

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Although the Day of Polish-Hungarian Friendship is officially celebrated on March 23, me and my friend decided to celebrate it this autumn in the best way we can: making a weekend urbex trip to Budapest. With great support from our Hungarian friends we managed to visit few really interesting places in their capital city. Two days, two Poles, two Hungarians and much of great time.

Chemical Factory Budapest

It looks quite well guarded, but we figured out there is actually noone here. We spent few hours wandering on the area and exploring the old buildings. I tried to google some information about this place and all I found is this was founded ca. 1941.

553.jpg

555.jpg

556.jpg

557.jpg

558.jpg

560.jpg

563.jpg

564.jpg

full set here: http://urbextheory.org/zaklady-chemiczne/

Kelenföld Power Plant

Few years ago this place was accessible to visit after sending official request to the owner. It seems things changed and this system is not working anymore. We weren't invited so we had to find our way... unofficially.

Power plant in Kelenföld was built in 1914. The control room building was designed by Kálmán Reichl and Virgil Bierbauer. The idea of the style was to show the "spirit of the electricity" - I think they did it quite well.

544.jpg

545.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

551.jpg

full set here: http://urbextheory.org/kelenfold/

Thanks to our fellow Hungarian explorers for cooperation!

polakwegier.jpg

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love this mate, I was in Budapest a few weeks ago and got no further than the rockabilly amigo bar £1.20 a pint :)... That ceiling is beautiful :thumb

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. They look like ace sites. Well done one getting those pics.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Excellent, Kelenfold is still one of my favourite places I've been, that chemical factory looks decent too, wish I'd known about it when I was over there.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent stuff mate, glad you got to do Kenenfold in the end, The chemical factory looks good too gutted we missed it...Oh well next time.

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
Kelenfold is amazing! I always wanted to visit this place :)

I swietne zdjecia :) pzdr

Donny.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Off to Budapest in a couple of weeks & this is on my list.

From what I've read they don't do permission visits, which makes me think there's some security kicking about. Anyone got any info please PM me.