Web
Analytics
Aandoned Sawmill/Workshops Cooksbridge April 2014 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Aandoned Sawmill/Workshops Cooksbridge April 2014

Grumpy Pops

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here goes . . My first report. Explored with wander1er. Whilst driving around the countryside in the early spring sunshine with my eyes peeled, I spotted an outline of a wooden building behind the bushes. I decided to go back with wander1er and have a closer look at the place, I,m so glad that I did as I found these old Sawmill/Timber Workshop buildings in Cooksbridge near Lewes in Sussex.

Cant find any info on the place but cant help wondering if there is a connection with these old abandoned buildings and Covers? But a little birdie did tell me that these workshops belonged to a Mr West, whether it was for recreational or business purposes I have no idea and when he passed away back in the Seventies, the place was just shut, abandoned and left to become this derelict site that you see now.

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-6.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-12.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-36.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-35.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-33.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-32.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-31.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-30.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-29.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-27.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-1.jpg

abandoned-derelict-sawmill-cooksbridge-lewes-3.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Altair

Poking holes since '84
28DL Full Member
Decent first report. Cheers for listening and thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your other reports :thumb