Web
Analytics
Question - - abandon close /street basingstoke | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - abandon close /street basingstoke

blades1980

28DL Member
28DL Member
sorry if this has been spoken about already
whilst glancing over google maps I notice in between junction 7 M3 and the Basingstoke golf course on the Winchester road there is a what appears to be a abandoned close - there appears to be a few buildings on it and fenced off all around it.

anybody know what this was ? I will try and stop off on my way up there in the next couple of days but any info before hand I would be grateful

Minor

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Think it maybe The Bridge Caravan Park which shut down in the 60s or 70s due to construction works.

Bertie Bollockbrains

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It is shown on OS Maps as "The Copse" caravan site. A bit of searching on the Geograph website shows photos of it

The history is not good: closed down in 1996 due to an incident of violence involving firearms. Invaded by travellers in 2002, a subsequent police raid discovered stolen tools and vehicles including a fish-and-chip trailer

Place looks trashed and probably not worthwhile

Ewan Kershaw

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was an old gypsy park they built them houses themselves but the council didn't like them being there so they were asked to move away then they knocked the roof down on every "house" so they can't come back

Wittsy

28DL Member
28DL Member
sorry if this has been spoken about already
whilst glancing over google maps I notice in between junction 7 M3 and the Basingstoke golf course on the Winchester road there is a what appears to be a abandoned close - there appears to be a few buildings on it and fenced off all around it.

anybody know what this was ? I will try and stop off on my way up there in the next couple of days but any info before hand I would be grateful
Yes I have been there Is was a travelers place and they took all the copper out of the buildings which were shower blocks and toilets

kaifoxebooks

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went there in January 2017. It was quite funny to find a receipt from just one day before my arrival - looking at the wooded area around it, at a guess it is a hangout for kids on their bikes. Got some amateur photos and such. Definitely a nice spot to take the boyfriend when he is back down. Hope to go for a picnic. xD