Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned Camping and Caravan Site Staffordshire. May 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Camping and Caravan Site Staffordshire. May 2020

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first real attempt to access, photograph and report an abondanded site.
The Caravan site is thaught to have been empty for around 15 years and is located in the Staffordshire Moorlands, near to Alton Towers.
According to local information, once belonged to a local farmer whom used the site for tourists but was also used by Alton Towers staff following evening events and parties.
The land is said to have been sold around 16/17 years ago and the site has been untouched by the current owner for around 15 years.

I would estimate around 25 caravans to explore, however there seems to be a fair amount of "human damage" making them more inaccessible than they otherwise would be.
You will also find access to a disused barn (little to see or photograph but a little extra to explore)
And a small cottage type building.
I was on site for around 2 hours all together and that was ample time in my opinion its not huge but plenty of individual units etc.

As I say I am very new to this and looking to buy a camera more suitable than my phone and looking for more locations around 60 miles from Staffordshire. I have had a wander around the old American Adventure site (all be it a little late and discovered little more than a building site)
I have also attempted to access a disused quarry railway line however a further attempt will be needed after a little more research!)
Welcome any feed back or advice.
Thanks for reading.
Newbe Staffordshire

Attachments

Last edited:

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had to edit the report, I had placed pictures first looking as though, there was no written report.
Edited and fingers crossed all appears as it should.

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes we are, the site is around 5 miles from my home, outside and just off a public footpath, I travelled and walked alone, didn't require any contact to access and and walked 3 miles in the process. I'm sorry if it offends but I didn't breach any lockdown rules and simply drove to a public footpath for my exercise, granted my purpose was to explore the site however travel is now unlimited as long as you remain with people in your household or alone. With medically vulnerable people in the house, I can assure you all guidelines were followed. But again sorry for any confusion of offence.

Scoobysrt

28DL Full Member
You could have injured yourself to the point of needing emergency services to come out in which case you would have been affecting many more people, yes you are allowed to exercise but exploring abandoned property is not official exercise. No confusion on my part.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Something different. Good effort on 1st report. Exploring now is a grey area, but due to the fact you only joined yesterday, Im guessing you havnt read all updates per forum rules and condoning exploring as yet ; It a good report. But maybe read the update from admin posted only 5 days ago.

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not prepared to enter into an altercation, I have stated the area Is off a public footpath, I took all photographs from out side the units and did not enter, I have adhered to all guidelines infact from before the lockdown from march 7th when members of my household were advised to shield. I will remove my post and re attempt to post on the site once this situation is over.
Something different. Good effort on 1st report. Exploring now is a grey area, but due to the fact you only joined yesterday, Im guessing you havnt read all updates per forum rules and condoning exploring as yet ; It a good report. But maybe read the update from admin posted only 5 days ago.

I have now read the report and didn't know it existed as a newbe so apologies.
I didn't have to climb or even access the units at all and stayed in the field at all times accessible with out climbing or taking risks and as I say from a footpath through an open gate, I understand concerns and would not have visited had it not been literally on my door step and accessible as it was. I will save any future explores until restrictions are lifted. I appreciate all the NHS and keywrokers and doing and thaught I was been safe and practical in what I did. Again apologies.

Calamity Jane

Regular User
I'm not prepared to enter into an altercation, I have stated the area Is off a public footpath, I took all photographs from out side the units and did not enter, I have adhered to all guidelines infact from before the lockdown from march 7th when members of my household were advised to shield. I will remove my post and re attempt to post on the site once this situation is over.

I have now read the report and didn't know it existed as a newbe so apologies.
I didn't have to climb or even access the units at all and stayed in the field at all times accessible with out climbing or taking risks and as I say from a footpath through an open gate, I understand concerns and would not have visited had it not been literally on my door step and accessible as it was. I will save any future explores until restrictions are lifted. I appreciate all the NHS and keywrokers and doing and thaught I was been safe and practical in what I did. Again apologies.
No apologies needed, as I stated you are new, and probably hadnt had time to read the forum updates. Please leave your report, as I said its a good 1st report & appreciated. As stated exploring has become a grey area now. So I personally would leave this post as you state, you were on a footpath. I think its getting near a time when some discretion should be allowed. Newbies who join & get stuck in with reports I applaud. And I believe some grace should be shown.

Regards CJ

Chloelou12

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No apologies needed, as I stated you are new, and probably hadnt had time to read the forum updates. Please leave your report, as I said its a good 1st report & appreciated. As stated exploring has become a grey area now. So I personally would leave this post as you state, you were on a footpath. I think its getting near a time when some discretion should be allowed. Newbies who join & get stuck in with reports I applaud. And I believe some grace should be shown.

Regards CJ
Thank you, I had read all the newbe info on posts and tried to adhere to everything and not get off on the wrong foot and managed to anyway I have a few more places in mind and will explore when it's more suitable and I wont disclose any information on the location until after lockdown. Thanks again

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Thank you, I had read all the newbe info on posts and tried to adhere to everything and not get off on the wrong foot and managed to anyway I have a few more places in mind and will explore when it's more suitable and I wont disclose any information on the location until after lockdown. Thanks again
You are welcome. Happy exploring, and look forward to your reports.

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, thanks for posting this. Without asking for the actual location unless you would be kind enough to message me. If I look on google maps around the Alton towers area would I be able to locate this site? Ie it’s not covered by trees etc? Many thanks in advance