Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned Camping and Caravan Site Staffordshire. May 2020 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Camping and Caravan Site Staffordshire. May 2020

dodgem

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, thanks for posting this. Without asking for the actual location unless you would be kind enough to message me. If I look on google maps around the Alton towers area would I be able to locate this site? Ie it’s not covered by trees etc? Many thanks in advance
It’s a mile or two from Alton Towers, and it is covered by trees. Not easy to locate on Google maps, but there is plenty online that will lead you to its location. It is due for development into a holiday resort soon, so probably won’t be around too much longer.

Joshrowlands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s a mile or two from Alton Towers, and it is covered by trees. Not easy to locate on Google maps, but there is plenty online that will lead you to its location. It is due for development into a holiday resort soon, so probably won’t be around too much longer.
Thank you I now have the location, hopefully will be going to soon.

tirpitz

Toy Car Racer
28DL Full Member
Looks like a nice peaceful mooch.
Wait til we get a good sky & go back & try some different angles.....

Amyleecope1234

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi I'm new here we are going to attempt to find this tomorrow, and was wondering if it is anywhere near the chained oak tree?

Thank you in advance

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That first caravan is proper Father Ted! I bet there was neither the travel Scrabble nor the Travel Scrabble, or even any teabags inside.
That's a proper wird place. Sad too, seeing the remains of what used to be enjoyed holiday/weekend break escapes all rotted. Cool pics though!

opendoor

Banned
Banned
You could have injured yourself to the point of needing emergency services to come out in which case you would have been affecting many more people, yes you are allowed to exercise but exploring abandoned property is not official exercise. No confusion on my part.
Have a day off, it’s a good report,

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
Have a day off, it’s a good report,
Quoting posts made before you even joined when people were getting banned for exploring during first lock down, special kind of fool aren't you lol.
I remember you being told this lockdown not to be out exploring but it went straight over your head.
Looking at your post history you're only here to cause trouble.

Last edited:

opendoor

Banned
Banned
Quoting posts made before you even joined when people were getting banned for exploring during first lock down, special kind of fool aren't you lol.
I remember you being told this lockdown not to be out exploring but it went straight over your head.
Looking at your post history you're only here to cause trouble.
He went for a walk, took a few pictures,

opendoor

Banned
Banned
This is my first real attempt to access, photograph and report an abondanded site.
The Caravan site is thaught to have been empty for around 15 years and is located in the Staffordshire Moorlands, near to Alton Towers.
According to local information, once belonged to a local farmer whom used the site for tourists but was also used by Alton Towers staff following evening events and parties.
The land is said to have been sold around 16/17 years ago and the site has been untouched by the current owner for around 15 years.

I would estimate around 25 caravans to explore, however there seems to be a fair amount of "human damage" making them more inaccessible than they otherwise would be.
You will also find access to a disused barn (little to see or photograph but a little extra to explore)
And a small cottage type building.
I was on site for around 2 hours all together and that was ample time in my opinion its not huge but plenty of individual units etc.

As I say I am very new to this and looking to buy a camera more suitable than my phone and looking for more locations around 60 miles from Staffordshire. I have had a wander around the old American Adventure site (all be it a little late and discovered little more than a building site)
I have also attempted to access a disused quarry railway line however a further attempt will be needed after a little more research!)
Welcome any feed back or advice.
Thanks for reading.
Newbe Staffordshire
View attachment 851760

View attachment 851761

View attachment 851762

View attachment 851763

View attachment 851764

View attachment 851765

View attachment 851767

View attachment 851768

View attachment 851769

View attachment 851770

View attachment 851771

View attachment 851772

View attachment 851773

View attachment 851774

View attachment 851775

View attachment 851776

View attachment 851777

View attachment 851778

View attachment 851779

View attachment 851780

View attachment 851781

View attachment 851782

View attachment 851783

View attachment 851784

View attachment 851785

View attachment 851786

View attachment 851787

View attachment 851788

View attachment 851789
Excellent report that mate, thanks for sharing.

opendoor

Banned
Banned
This is my first real attempt to access, photograph and report an abondanded site.
The Caravan site is thaught to have been empty for around 15 years and is located in the Staffordshire Moorlands, near to Alton Towers.
According to local information, once belonged to a local farmer whom used the site for tourists but was also used by Alton Towers staff following evening events and parties.
The land is said to have been sold around 16/17 years ago and the site has been untouched by the current owner for around 15 years.

I would estimate around 25 caravans to explore, however there seems to be a fair amount of "human damage" making them more inaccessible than they otherwise would be.
You will also find access to a disused barn (little to see or photograph but a little extra to explore)
And a small cottage type building.
I was on site for around 2 hours all together and that was ample time in my opinion its not huge but plenty of individual units etc.

As I say I am very new to this and looking to buy a camera more suitable than my phone and looking for more locations around 60 miles from Staffordshire. I have had a wander around the old American Adventure site (all be it a little late and discovered little more than a building site)
I have also attempted to access a disused quarry railway line however a further attempt will be needed after a little more research!)
Welcome any feed back or advice.
Thanks for reading.
Newbe Staffordshire
View attachment 851760

View attachment 851761

View attachment 851762

View attachment 851763

View attachment 851764

View attachment 851765

View attachment 851767

View attachment 851768

View attachment 851769