real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Country homes, Near market weighton, East Yorkshire | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Country homes, Near market weighton, East Yorkshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Joeturner28

28DL Member
28DL Member
We are very local to this area so we set out that morning to find something new (12/09/20), after about half an hour of scrolling over random inhabited houses, we stumbled across these, located in a place called Foggathorpe, these houses are said to have been built a number of years ago, when the owner was potentially going to build a country park, this place doesn’t have a name, partly to do with the fact it’s unfinished, and the people close by we spoke to really didn’t know a lot about the place at all. As we got closer to the man made lake we noticed something in the water from a distance, on closer inspection it was a new Holland combine harvester, on its side? No locals have any idea how it got there, they only know it’s been there for a long time. This is my first report so feel free to comment if I’ve missed anything or what I could do better, I’m not a photographer, I do it really for my own pleasure, thanks for reading
D1A976F7-EEFB-4FA0-9043-5E195E67CBBA.jpeg

A94E2625-F6F5-4F6B-A636-A3DABE27DB9D.jpeg

5E9984C6-D1D3-4FDF-9F7C-5DBBDA556122.jpeg

EEC987A6-8602-402F-8C7B-85E11D05E65D.jpeg

Urbex_421

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks interesting, wonder how the combine got there. Farming accident? perhaps it happened during the harvest at night? I am aware of the location of this place. Is there access to the cabins?

RGH

28DL Member
28DL Member
This looks interesting, wonder how the combine got there. Farming accident? perhaps it happened during the harvest at night? I am aware of the location of this place. Is there access to the cabins?

I visited on 12/3/22. The story I heard from a friend is that it was stolen and accidentally crashed into the lake some time ago. It’s since been pulled out, perhaps to be scrapped?

Who has read this thread (Total: 460) View details