real time web analytics
General - - Abandoned factory Derbyshire | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Abandoned factory Derbyshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mrstattootoyou

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all!
This was my first abandoning adventure. Me and a few friends travelled over to Derbyshire to venture inside this huge old abandoned factory. It was amazing inside! It had a lot of old paperwork, an old safe, a crane, spiral staircase, a long platform above head with access, clocking in machine, and much more!
I'm unsure of how to upload pictures, but I have around 60 pictures of this place. Absolutely amazing place to walk around! If I've missed anything, feel free to add it in the comments :) and if you have been here, let me know!

Attachments

• 20170827_124752.jpg
    20170827_124752.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 101

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Sounds like Butterley Engineering, there's quite a few reports on here. work out how to upload your images, it's not that hard.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How would anyone know if they had been somewhere if all you have said is "it's in Derbyshire" and "it's an abandoned factory"?

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is Butterley 100% just down the road from me, it is a good explore to be fair, be careful up on the top level now though the floor is getting a bit soft and a few holes developing! I have some pictures of this place and would happily upload to this thread rather create another duplicate thread? Also don't get caught in here as it was recently subject to an arson attack and police have been patrolling the area, and the Derbyshire police HQ is about 5 mins up the hill at Ripley!

Laura19922

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've shot in butterley, and we had to climb through the gate and through a window, I went back a week later and the window we went through had been reboarded up.

Darentoot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've shot in butterley, and we had to climb through the gate and through a window, I went back a week later and the window we went through had been reboarded up.
It is Butterley 100% just down the road from me, it is a good explore to be fair, be careful up on the top level now though the floor is getting a bit soft and a few holes developing! I have some pictures of this place and would happily upload to this thread rather create another duplicate thread? Also don't get caught in here as it was recently subject to an arson attack and police have been patrolling the area, and the Derbyshire police HQ is about 5 mins up the hill at Ripley!

What is the best way in ? I am about to do a shoot in the area and wanting to use this building if still accessible ... thx.

Laura19922

28DL Member
28DL Member
Well as they are boarding it up all the time you will have to go and see yourself, it was quite a climb to get in but worth it.

Kiddo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Where is this, me and a few friends want to try exploring somewhere and we need ideas of a few good places.

Jackotownsend

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all!
This was my first abandoning adventure. Me and a few friends travelled over to Derbyshire to venture inside this huge old abandoned factory. It was amazing inside! It had a lot of old paperwork, an old safe, a crane, spiral staircase, a long platform above head with access, clocking in machine, and much more!
I'm unsure of how to upload pictures, but I have around 60 pictures of this place. Absolutely amazing place to walk around! If I've missed anything, feel free to add it in the comments :) and if you have been here, let me know!

Hello I'm new to all this urban exploring but I want to visit these places how do you get there like what do you have type in in order to find it many thanks

Wheaters

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was born and raised four miles away from Ripley and remember this place well, when it was still a busy factory. The Butterley Engineering Company were famous for manufacturing the roof supports of St. Pancras railway station (still there). I also remember the weird but innovative "Wulpa" landmark, which stood on the corner at the bottom of the hill:
https://www.rdht.org.uk/all-things-local-august-2017/ I can't remember when they pulled it down, but it's a great shame it's gone forever.

I worked at the Police HQ from 1998-2001. There are now houses on what was much of the factory. There's also a canal tunnel very close by.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hello I'm new to all this urban exploring but I want to visit these places how do you get there like what do you have type in in order to find it many thanks

Start by typing the name of the place (which is mentioned in posts above) into google, if u really need more help after that perhaps exploring is not for you

Who has read this thread (Total: 240) View details