Web
Analytics
Abandoned Farm/ Gypsy site near Woking | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Abandoned Farm/ Gypsy site near Woking

The Anonymous Cameraman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello guys and girls, bit of an unusual one today. I was scouting google maps for potential sites and spotted this site tucked away just outside Woking. So on a cold autumnal day me and RoversRam gathered our gear and went for a mooch.

History is very hard to find but it appears it was a livestock farm then at some point it appears the gypsies had moved on and turned it into a rather large site. I believe they left around two years ago as there is food on the site which is still in date. Upon entering the site there is a pile O shite continuing up there is some kind of workshop, after this there is a charred pile which looks like the remains of a ride control booth, workshop and land rover. After this there is a huge foundation which I assume had a large caravan perched on top at some point and a load of other caravans dotted around some of which were not that badly trashed. There are two amenities blocks on the site which I think is unusual given all the caravans had their own facilities and a few porta cabins.

Overall a very nice relaxed splore once access is gained. Woking council now own the land and I believe they want to put some sort of gymnastics building on the land.

Okay ramble over, run the pics! TAC

Looking down into the workshop.

fullsizeoutput_5c7.jpeg

Someone liked their plumbing.
fullsizeoutput_5c9.jpeg

Vintage ever ready battery.
fullsizeoutput_5ca.jpeg

This was the rear of the shop. looks like this was used to break cars for scrap.
DSCF5776.JPG
DSCF5776.JPG

Not sure why there are gun magazines in here.
fullsizeoutput_5cd.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5cc.jpeg

The old barbie plane!, I believe one of my friends had one of these.
fullsizeoutput_5cb.jpeg

The charred pile. Poor land rover :(
fullsizeoutput_5d0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5d1.jpeg

Where I assume the main caravan once stood.
fullsizeoutput_596.jpeg

Inside one of the amenity blocks, the other one was full of crap and a bead headboard, not sure why that was there.
fullsizeoutput_59e.jpeg
DSCF5715.JPG
fullsizeoutput_59f.jpeg

Check out this retro coin operated electric meter! Each block had one of these.
fullsizeoutput_5a4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5a5.jpeg

Some sort of tank.
fullsizeoutput_5a6.jpeg

The first of many caravans. This was a mess inside.
fullsizeoutput_5ad.jpeg

Inside the first large van, a little trashed but not too bad.
fullsizeoutput_5af.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b2.jpeg

Into the second large van this was less trashed than the first.
fullsizeoutput_5b3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b5.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b6.jpeg

The essentials.
fullsizeoutput_5b7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5b8.jpeg

Continued below.

The Anonymous Cameraman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Inside the first porta cabin, not sure what is was used for but it had a nice kitchen and various foodstuffs dotted around.
fullsizeoutput_59b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_594.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_59c.jpeg

Think this window may have a problem, but if you see the state of the caravan its a drop in the ocean.
fullsizeoutput_5bb.jpeg

The other portacabin, this looks like it was some sort of office.
fullsizeoutput_5bf.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5c0.jpeg

Good old metal coat hanger aerial! Ahhh those were the days :)
fullsizeoutput_5c1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_5c2.jpeg

And thats about it. Thanks for looking, I did have more pictures but they were very similar I didn't want to make it too pic heavy TAC

Mr Sentimental

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, glad you enjoyed it, though I'm a great believer in credit where credit is due, so a little acknowledgement
would have been nice if I helped you find it, or even a like on my original post about Ten Acre, rather than implying you found it!
After all, we are all here to help one another like you did with orchard farm and I gave a little help with info on that.
Sorry, moan over, I guess I was a bit miffed I didn't even get one like on my post and I spent so long looking for info on it! :D
Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, that's the main thing.

The Anonymous Cameraman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, glad you enjoyed it, though I'm a great believer in credit where credit is due, so a little acknowledgement
would have been nice if I helped you find it, or even a like on my original post about Ten Acre, rather than implying you found it!
After all, we are all here to help one another like you did with orchard farm and I gave a little help with info on that.
Sorry, moan over, I guess I was a bit miffed I didn't even get one like on my post and I spent so long looking for info on it! :D
Anyway, glad you enjoyed it, that's the main thing.
I didn’t like yours? Bugger sorry mate I’ll do that now I thought i had. I did research and find the site myself. I only used your report to get a rough idea of where it was. I also checked though my photos so I didn’t upload any that were the same as yours and made sure I didn’t copy anything off of your report. I’m not one of those people that goes the easy route by using other peoples reports I like to find the locations myself otherwise it ruins the fun of researching. I wasn’t implying that I found it at all because I did so apologies if you thought this is the case. It sucks when you don’t get many likes on a report I understand that but hey we do it because we love it right? Not for the likes

Mr Sentimental

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn’t like yours? Bugger sorry mate I’ll do that now I thought i had. I did research and find the site myself. I only used your report to get a rough idea of where it was. I also checked though my photos so I didn’t upload any that were the same as yours and made sure I didn’t copy anything off of your report. I’m not one of those people that goes the easy route by using other peoples reports I like to find the locations myself otherwise it ruins the fun of researching. I wasn’t implying that I found it at all because I did so apologies if you thought this is the case. It sucks when you don’t get many likes on a report I understand that but hey we do it because we love it right? Not for the likes
Thanks for the like bud :thumb Your right of course, we do it for the fun of it.... though who doesn't want to be the first to find a new explore! :D