Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned Farm House - Kidderminster - September 2021 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Farm House - Kidderminster - September 2021

OhMyDais

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There’s not much history to this location, it was once lived in by an unknown family and is surrounded by still used farming land, which suggests it was a house for farming staff or even family. It’s off the A449, Torton. I have lived in Kidderminster all 18 years of my life and I can always remember this house being overgrown and abandoned as we drove past. My family and I always think what a shame it is that’s it’s been left to rot because of the location and land around it.

Anyway, it took us a while to get into the house because of the ridiculously overgrown brambles. The house itself is completely rotten and not very safe at all, looks like a lot of people have been in it over the years because there isn’t much original stuff in there anymore, but there were still some interesting things such as old decor, food boxes and magazines/books. Photos to follow…

Exterior shot from the back of the site.

Side shot of the house.

This is the front door entrance.

This is the view as you enter the front door looking up, the floor is completely collapsed upstairs and the stairs to the attic can be seen, broken in half.

The view as you walk in the front door.

The stairs up to the second floor, as you walk in the front door.

Lower floor kitchen/bathroom maybe?

Another downstairs room.

A clock, leaflets/books and some food packaging found on the floor which looks original.

The downstairs main room.

One of the upstairs rooms.

The view from the top of the stairs.

Another upstairs room.

Attachments

Last edited:

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
Regular User
There’s not much history to this location. Although, I will say I have lived in Kidderminster all 18 years of my life and I can always remember this house being overgrown and abandoned. My family and I always think what a shame it is that’s it’s been left to rot because of the location and land around it.

Anyway, it took us a while to get into the house because of the ridiculously overgrown brambles. The house itself is completely rotten and not very safe at all, looks like a lot of people have been in it over the years because there isn’t much original stuff in there anymore, but there were still some interesting things such as old decor, food boxes and magazines/books. Photos to follow…
Nice attempt at a first report. History is always hard to find on residential sites but a few odd details of times gone by left behind to suggest its former life.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Thanks for sharing your 1st report and welcome to the world of posting :thumb

I personally like old derelict houses, I like the original features in them. However and this pains me to say, this doesn't fit the new brief for residentials started in 2019 then updated 2021. Houses need to be grand, historical, or have outstanding history now. Please see what the brief is below. Sorry again, its admins site. As I said I personally like these. Maybe use some shots in general photos.

OhMyDais

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for sharing your 1st report and welcome to the world of posting :thumb

I personally like old derelict houses, I like the original features in them. However and this pains me to say, this doesn't fit the new brief for residentials started in 2019 then updated 2021. Houses need to be grand, historical, or have outstanding history now. Please see what the brief is below. Sorry again, its admins site. As I said I personally like these. Maybe use some shots in general photos.

Oh okay! Sorry, new to the site. If i go to anything like this again i’ll make sure to post it in the right thread.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Oh okay! Sorry, new to the site. If i go to anything like this again i’ll make sure to post it in the right thread.
No worries, welcome aboard, good photos. Its just a heads up really. Its in the right section, just doesn't fit the standard that 28 days are trying to implement in the residential section. We get so many unnamed, no history, or waiting for sale explores here, and then owners come on here complaining and accusing us of all sorts. But please do keep posting. A few photos from a derp like this in the general photo section is fine I believe. I personally wish it would change back, but it was admins & others choice that we had too many ordinary houses, without provenience.

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Good effort, we all have to start on here somewhere and by figuring out how to load images correctly you're ahead of the game already.

As they say onwards and upwards, there's plenty in your general area.

Nismo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A guy at work told me, the old boy who lived here passed away many years ago and left everything to a young girl that used to deliver his Newspaper as he had no family or friends to leave it to. There used to be a load of old cars and buildings around the back that got cleared away as they posed a health risk

anubis

28" Member
Regular User
Loved the pics and report.
Those floors look a tad dangerous upstairs!
I always find it kind of sad that houses often end up like this.