real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned gas tower in London | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned gas tower in London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Clouds edge

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi guys,
Last Saturday after hearing about this abandoned gas tower/holder or whatever you want to call it in London, Canada waters, I decided to give it a go.
It was around 10 minutes from the station and very easy to get into, it was much higher than other gas towers in London that I have done and was very easy to climb as there was a ladder with platforms going all the way up.

The view was incredible. I was able to see the central business district of London to one side and to the other side I could see right across the Thames through to the Shard and the other main buildings in London. I climbed it as the sun was rising which added to the magic as I saw the sun rise over and light up the entire city. I made a little video of the climb where you can see how beautiful the sunrise and view is. Likewise in the video, I did something a little bit extra than attended and quite dangerous, so let me know what you think and I recommend anyone to go and do this climb themselves.

Regards,
Clouds Edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Not really what to say tbh mate. It's a good video, I watched it all the way through, but I don't really "get" the idea that you have to risk your life like that. Also it's not really UE in the purest sense. But you know, you gotta do what ya gotta do. It's just that I wouldn't want my children doing anything like that.

The_Raw

Staff member
Not really what to say tbh mate. It's a good video, I watched it all the way through, but I don't really "get" the idea that you have to risk your life like that. Also it's not really UE in the purest sense. But you know, you gotta do what ya gotta do. It's just that I wouldn't want my children doing anything like that.

It's all about getting views n subscriptions innit. Hardly exploring is it, more of a balancing act. Not saying I could do it but I don't see how it fits in here personally.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
I don't really like videos that are about the people exploring more than the place they're exploring, so I guess I was never going to like this. But it kinda reminds me of the stupid things I did as a kid and now think to myself, "It's pretty fucking amazing I'm not dead".

It does make me happy the internet wasn't about when I was a kid though :thumb

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Also, I think this probably belongs in the video section since it's not a report. Could be wrong though.

It would have been cracking to see some nicely composed snaps overlooking London from up there at blue hour.

myke

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have to admit you have some balls walking on the top of that but feel its an unnecessary risk. We have recently had an explorer fall through a roof in Leeds. Please take more care.
A few photos and the history would have made this a report.
Take care Myke