Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned House- Horsham- Sep 2020 (Pic Heavy) | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned House- Horsham- Sep 2020 (Pic Heavy)

Tom Ellis

TJExplore
28DL Full Member
Finally back at college and after a gruelling 2 hour maths lesson I found myself with 3 hours to spare in Horsham. You see there isn't a whole lot to do in this old market town so I decided to go to this abandoned house to see if anything had changed in the 10 months since I was last there.

History

Unfortunately I cant seem to find much information about this place online. Nothing in sencus data or any ordenance data. All I know is that it was abandoned from 2012-2016 because of google street view and that the damage done to it was from 2019 as I unfortunately witnessed the lil vandals smash up the place last time I was there but there really wasnt anything I could do.

I'm going to the horsham library today so I'll update the thread if I find any info there.

The explore
I got off the bus and with my monster and stroopwaffle in hand, I made my way to the site. When I arrived, I realised there was a digger right at the very bottom of the huge garden. It's probably unrelated to the house but I took notice as I thought it was a sign of possible future demo work. Regardless, I continued into the entry point which had unfortunately been made even easier due to even more vandals.

Inside there really isn't much. Every window is smashed and all the furniture has been cleared out. All that remains is a sink and a half, a bathtub and a lot of fireplaces.
Theres also kinda nice conservitary with separated access that's incredibly photogenic due to the now orange soaked roof made that way by rust and decay.

And finally theres also a shed on site, literally nothing inside but it's there

Anyway enjoy the photos, they were all shot on my samsung galaxy as my cameras currently dead due to damages unfortunately.

Inside the house

The conservatory

The shed

Hope you enjoyed the report, Happy exploring :thumb

Attachments

mastermind21970

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haha that’s down the road from ghyll lodge- my last post. Have you been there? I saw this house on the way back by the roundabout

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I think if on your last visit there was furniture and now its cleared, the digger could well be to do with the house. Seems someone has started something on it. Vandals dont clear out furniture. Nice location by the look of the photos.

Tom Ellis

TJExplore
28DL Full Member
I think if on your last visit there was furniture and now its cleared, the digger could well be to do with the house. Seems someone has started something on it. Vandals dont clear out furniture. Nice location by the look of the photos.
That's my English failing me tbh, the furnitures never been there it's just all the smashed windows and wrecked wallpaper that's happened since the last visit

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
That's my English failing me tbh, the furnitures never been there it's just all the smashed windows and wrecked wallpaper that's happened since the last visit
Ah I see. Shame to see it sitting there, looks like a solid little place

DaftBlade92

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi! I live in Horsham and keep traveling far for explorations. Never found anything in the area. Any chance I can get some information on location? Would love to go and take some pictures