real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Houses Near Market Weighton | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Houses Near Market Weighton

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sunday 29th November 2020
Today I went to see what a fellow member had found locally.
Tucked away along a track not far from Holme on Spalding Moor in East Yorkshire there is a cluster of six abandoned houses.
The New Holland Combine has now been dragged out of the lake and looks quite majestic with the dreary Yorkshire weather today.
The site was originally built to be holiday homes around a man made lake but the belief is the owner ran out of money and left them to rot.
the majority of the houses are structurally sound most inhabited by birds especially a pair of barn owls which were out hunting.
I’m usually a nature photographer so this is the first exploration post for me so please be kind

Last edited:

chills

Queller of the uprising
No photos attached to this. You may have to press insert all at the bottom in the picture viewer.

To make this a stellar report, you need to include a few more things.

• A month and year of the explore in the title plus the official name of the location.
• A little history in the body of the report.
• And of course, the pictures!

Have a read of this guide to help you posting a report for next time:

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No photos attached to this. You may have to press insert all at the bottom in the picture viewer.

• A month and year of the explore in the title plus the official name of the location.

I

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Hi My original post was with pictures date and location that’s not been posted seeing as I’m new the post had to be approved thanks Claire

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Not a bad 1st report. Shame the owner ran out of money. Could of been a nice spot in season. Love how the owls watching you. Welcome to 28DL

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
As a kid I use to love watching combine harvesters in the field round the back of my Nans house, i yet to photograph a derelict one yet, awesome find.

Wappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sunday 29th November 2020
Today I went to see what a fellow member had found locally.
Tucked away along a track not far from Holme on Spalding Moor in East Yorkshire there is a cluster of six abandoned houses.
The New Holland Combine has now been dragged out of the lake and looks quite majestic with the dreary Yorkshire weather today.
The site was originally built to be holiday homes around a man made lake but the belief is the owner ran out of money and left them to rot.
the majority of the houses are structurally sound most inhabited by birds especially a pair of barn owls which were out hunting.
I’m usually a nature photographer so this is the first exploration post for me so please be kind

i seen a facebook video of two ladys walking round here not so long ago its nice to find out what it was going to be as it was hard to tell off the video well done for getting out there .

Claire Edwards

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i seen a facebook video of two ladys walking round here not so long ago its nice to find out what it was going to be as it was hard to tell off the video well done for getting out there .
It's literally 5 minutes from my house so I'm going to head back over the weekend and I can keep an eye out to make sure it stays the same as I didn't have chance to explore the outside

Who has read this thread (Total: 328) View details