real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Insane Asylum - Flanders, Belgium | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Insane Asylum - Flanders, Belgium

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T.3xplore

28DL Member
28DL Member
At the beginning of the 20s there was a shortage of services for male psychiatric patients. Together with the near located university, the so called "Brothers of Love" started searching for a place to build a new psychiatric centre. In 1928, a piece of land was bought and in 1932 the psychiatric centre with space for 800 patients opened its doors. Unfortunately I couldn't find any information about the use of the abandoned part, but it seems like it was used mainly for relaxation.

Together with two fellow urban explorers I visited this abandoned insane asylum somewhere in Belgium. Finding an entrance was a bit of a challenge but luckily we still managed to find a way in.

Finally inside we found a couple of wheelchairs, some beds and lots of puppets. There was a creepy vibe in this place. When we looked out the windows we could see the still active asylum and its patients across the road, which made the vibe even creepier.
_MG_4154-HDR-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4166-HDR-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4182-HDR-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4195-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4201-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4202-bewerkt.jpg
_MG_4215-bewerkt.jpg

Last edited:

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No history?

Or even a vague area of Belgium that the hospital is located in?

Your pictures are good but a bit of history would make the report.

T.3xplore

28DL Member
28DL Member
No history?

Or even a vague area of Belgium that the hospital is located in?

Your pictures are good but a bit of history would make the report.
I added some history of the place :)

Last edited:

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice photos but agree it would be nice to know the history behind it, especially if there is still an asylum on the site today