real time web analytics
Question - - Abandoned Kent Power Stations | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Abandoned Kent Power Stations

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

f3l1x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey,
Apologies if this is a stupid question but I’ve been reading up about power stations in kent and while it seems we have quite a few they seem to all have been demolished or still in use. Just wondering if there are any abandoned power stations in kent or just outside that I am missing?

f3l1x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Try the search box, top right :)
Thanks haha fortunately I’m not that slow and I have had a good look through just wondering if anyone had any leads I know Dungeness is scheduled to be disused by 2028 but I just wanted to check if there even is any others or am I just wasting time

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Thanks haha fortunately I’m not that slow and I have had a good look through just wondering if anyone had any leads I know Dungeness is scheduled to be disused by 2028 but I just wanted to check if there even is any others or am I just wasting time

You probably don't want to be going anywhere near Dungeness. Even though it's non operational it is still under ownership of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and will be for a long time to come.

f3l1x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You probably don't want to be going anywhere near Dungeness. Even though it's non operational it is still under ownership of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and will be for a long time to come.
Yeah, I’ve just been reading up a bit about it and looks like it won’t be abandoned for a good old time thank you though!

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
You’re better using the search feature, I wouldn’t be too vocal on here about where you’re thinking of going though. Secca are known to check the forum

mockney reject

Staff member

People won’t often share leads with someone new to posting on the forum and even less so when it comes to power stations.

Best bets research and actually getting out to these places

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yeah, I’ve just been reading up a bit about it and looks like it won’t be abandoned for a good old time thank you though!

Anything nuclear and former nuclear is governed by a whole different set of laws compared with regular power stations. The authorities can and will come down on you like a tonne of bricks. Decommissioning takes decades and during that time they are still covered by the same laws as if they were operational.

f3l1x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anything nuclear and former nuclear is governed by a whole different set of laws compared with regular power stations. The authorities can and will come down on you like a tonne of bricks. Decommissioning takes decades and during that time they are still covered by the same laws as if they were operational
I see I wasn’t planning on going into one whilst the decommission was taking place but thank you for the information thats good to know

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Not much left doable in the uk in this aspect, your in Kent, get the boat over and do some of the French or Belgium lot is my suggestion.

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details