real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned Mysterious Pyramid at a Mexican Beach - Dec 2021 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Mysterious Pyramid at a Mexican Beach - Dec 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheRealBloodyFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here and to urbex in general. I currently live in Mexico. In Playa del Carmen to be exact and I found that there are plenty of amazing places to be explored around here.

This abandoned pyramid is located right at one of the most amazing beaches in the Mexican Caribbean. Rumours are that it belonged to a notorious drug lord who was imprisoned and thus left it abandoned. A bit of digging into the memories of the locals however revealed that, in fact, it belonged to a doctor from Merida (3 hours land inwards from here) who used to live in it some time in what must have been the early 90s. It was also rented out to high profile clients for parties by a local beach club - a story I like way better than the drug lord one...

I had to ask several people to get to this info. First one moved to PdC in 2005, second one in 1998 - both said it was already abandoned when they arrived and nobody knew what the heck it was. The third person I asked was a German dude who moved here in 1990 when Playa had a mere 1000 inhabitants; as opposed to 300k nowadays and this guy told me what it actually was (at least more or less) and also shared one of his personal memories of a private party he did attend in there some time in the early 90s.

It honestly is the weirdest thing I've ever seen!

The owner clearly wanted to give it an Egyptian vibe and depicted the eye of Horus and several Egyptian gods on the wall as well as some Mayan stuff, too.

Unfortunately much of it has already been ruined by vandalism and graffiti.

The whole property is actually for sale now and oh, if I had the money...

I'll also post my video in the video group.

Enjoy!

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Blimey, that is a bit different. Looks like something out of a Bond movie. Good find!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice to see something different. What a strange house and like Hughie says it's like something out of a James Bond movie.

TheRealBloodyFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Blimey, that is a bit different. Looks like something out of a Bond movie. Good find!

Thanks! It was just too good to ignore, really. Someone randomly sent me a pic of the outside through the fence a few months back and I just couldn't forget about it.

Nice to see something different. What a strange house and like Hughie says it's like something out of a James Bond movie.

I'm still digging deeper and hope to find out more details about it but I can definitely imagine this being in a Bond movie with a secret weapons arsenal behind the mirror that has unfortunately been destroyed by the graffiti :rolleyes:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That's bizarre, I'd always be worried about running into gangs exploring in Mexico though!

TheRealBloodyFox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's bizarre, I'd always be worried about running into gangs exploring in Mexico though!

Aye, depending on the location, there's definitely an uneasy feeling and that exact thought somewhere in the back of my head... Especially because, around here, there's miles and miles of jungle on either side of the motorway.

With this particular location however I was more worried about security turning up. It's just too obvious.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That is quite cool but as mookster said its not somewhere I'd b comfy exploring.
Got some lovely pics there too

Who has read this thread (Total: 183) View details