real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned RAF Officer's Mess, RAF Brampton, Cambs, March 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned RAF Officer's Mess, RAF Brampton, Cambs, March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
After discovering the site in January though my good friend, ExplorerX, we decided to attempt this Grade II listed RAF officer's mess. The rest of the base around it has been sold off then demolished and is now a construction site. Some of the buildings on site are listed and cannot be demolished. One of these is an officer's mess. From the outside the building seems inaccessible but over hour of searching I eventually decided to risk not being able to get back out and climbed through a small, high up, window. Once inside I was able to get the other explorer inside. When inside we found that vandals had yet to find the building. The site dates back to WorldWar1 when originally used for prisoners of war, after the war the RAF stated to locate units to the base. In 2012 the RAF relocated and sold the base to developers. I was unable to find when this officer's mess was built.
Anyway, here's the photo's.
First, The kitchen.
IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3815.JPG

IMG_3824.JPG

Due to this explore being on a week day construction workers outside resulted in neither of us being able to view the main mess or lounge or else we would have got caught.
Next was one of the two grand stair cases.
IMG_3903.JPG
The lighting on this was brilliant.
Just opposite the stairs was a bar area, although it was too dark to get a good photo within. I still tried.
IMG_3847.JPG
Didn't turn out great.
Upstaris was a long hallway with an unusual wall paper.
IMG_3844.JPG
IMG_3855.JPG

In one of the rooms I came across something unexpected. Wish I had a better camera.
IMG_3864.JPG
IMG_3867.JPG

Then there was only a few other offices and social rooms in the upstairs area.
IMG_3871.JPG
IMG_3849.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3885.JPG

Apart from this there was not too much left in the explore. Just as we were about to leave workers saw us so we had to make a quick escape. Although we did manage to close up our entry so that vandals could not enter.
The future of this building is uncertain. Chances are it will become used for residential property but for now it remains abandoned.
View attachment 760372 Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
Nice pics! No uncertainty for the future of the building, it has planning in place for a care home which is due to open at the end of the year.

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Can you change your title to RAF Brampton please. Theres already a report on here so theres no secret.

Nice report.

[agreed and edited]

Last edited by a moderator:

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
Can you change your title to RAF Brampton please. Theres already a report on here so theres no secret.

Nice report.
I don't personally like to give the location of the town/city sites are located within, I only give to county of the location eg.Bedfordshire. Even though it may not be a secret it reduces the chances of vandals and "Exploring with" people finding it.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't personally like to give the location of the town/city sites are located within, I only give to county of the location eg.Bedfordshire. Even though it may not be a secret it reduces the chances of vandals and "Exploring with" people finding it.

Posting the correct details for a location is one of the rules you agreed to when you joined this forum, you may not like it to post the full location, but that is a requirement.

Ludichriss

Chris
28DL Full Member
This place is down the road from my house and I didn't even realise you were able to get in!

I'll be exploring this place asap, assuming nothing has been started on it yet. Brilliant pictures of the staircase.