real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned School/college/training centre in Brinsworth -September 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned School/college/training centre in Brinsworth -September 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lannbot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have no history or anything about this one but I imagine it is some kind of school, college or training centre because there was students work on walls and a sports hall. Lots of school like features. If anyone can shine some light on this that would be great.

Me and my partner were just driving by and noticed some buildings that looked abandoned. One of them was half bulldozed. All windows smashed with bits and bobs like PC screens every where.

We decided to take a look. Access was easy and no security at the time. We didn't have much time as the sun was going down. Revisiting soon.

Here is a few photos of the place.
IMG_20180205_110536.png
IMG_20180205_110603.png
IMG_20180205_110648.png
IMG_20180205_110732.png

Last edited:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I've not seen this before, nice find. Have you got any more photos?

I have no history or anything about this one but I imagine it is some kind of school, college or training centre because there was students work on walls and a sports hall. Lots of school like features. If anyone can shine some light on this that would be great.

It's Park House Secondary School and it's Grade II listed

Park House Secondary School is recorded as under construction in February 1962 and opened in 1964. It was designed by the architectural practice of Lyons, Israel and Ellis, with the job architects Alan Colquhoun, Christopher Dean and Douglas Lanham.

The school was built for the City of Sheffield Education Committee as a mixed four-form entry secondary school accommodating 680 pupils. It was located on a plateau on the crest of a steeply falling site off Bawtry Road on the east side of the city and was laid out with a ‘campus’ plan featuring four detached blocks clustered round a quadrangle and linked by glazed walkways. Rather than an entrance hall, it had an entrance lobby which connected to the circulation system, a characteristic feature of schools designed by this practice. It was built in the New Brutalist idiom of which Lyons, Israel and Ellis were noted exponents, with exposed frames of white concrete and recessed infill panels of red Ibstock bricks consistently used for all the blocks. A prominent water tower adding a vertical emphasis is a characteristic feature of the practice.

The school closed in 1995. From 2002-2014 the school was again in educational use as Jamia Al-Hudaa (Sheffield), an independent Muslim boarding school for boys of 11 to 18 years old. It has been vacant since 2014.

Lannbot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've not seen this before, nice find. Have you got any more photos?

It's Park House Secondary School and it's Grade II listed

Park House Secondary School is recorded as under construction in February 1962 and opened in 1964. It was designed by the architectural practice of Lyons, Israel and Ellis, with the job architects Alan Colquhoun, Christopher Dean and Douglas Lanham.

The school was built for the City of Sheffield Education Committee as a mixed four-form entry secondary school accommodating 680 pupils. It was located on a plateau on the crest of a steeply falling site off Bawtry Road on the east side of the city and was laid out with a ‘campus’ plan featuring four detached blocks clustered round a quadrangle and linked by glazed walkways. Rather than an entrance hall, it had an entrance lobby which connected to the circulation system, a characteristic feature of schools designed by this practice. It was built in the New Brutalist idiom of which Lyons, Israel and Ellis were noted exponents, with exposed frames of white concrete and recessed infill panels of red Ibstock bricks consistently used for all the blocks. A prominent water tower adding a vertical emphasis is a characteristic feature of the practice.

The school closed in 1995. From 2002-2014 the school was again in educational use as Jamia Al-Hudaa (Sheffield), an independent Muslim boarding school for boys of 11 to 18 years old. It has been vacant since 2014.

Thank you very much for the information. Google was not my friend on this one and we just happened to notice it whilst driving by. I have a few more photos on my old phone which is currently smashed. Just working out how to get the photos off it.