real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned US Army Crane Train, Bristol - August 2020 | Military Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned US Army Crane Train, Bristol - August 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

OldGit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The crane is quite clearly WW2 era but the wagons are a few years younger and date from the early years of BR. Would love to pay a visit and take some pics myself!

Steevgee

28DL Member
28DL Member
Although I am a newbie I have been exploring for most of my life (48 years) and my love of history means I would love to find this train. A whole afternoon of searching to no avail, although its registered to the east somerset railway I am no closer to its location so as much as I enjoy the investigation please could I have a clue.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Although I am a newbie I have been exploring for most of my life (48 years) and my love of history means I would love to find this train. A whole afternoon of searching to no avail, although its registered to the east somerset railway I am no closer to its location so as much as I enjoy the investigation please could I have a clue.

Some investigations take more than a ‘whole afternoon’ to find; there’s a clue.

If you’ve been exploring 48 years, get some reports up on the site, then members may be more willing to help you out, but, as a general rule on the site, clues aren’t given, this isn’t a game show.

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

It taken me longer than an afternoon of research to find this place. You are definitely on the right track though (excuse the pun)

Steevgee

28DL Member
28DL Member
Some investigations take more than a ‘whole afternoon’ to find; there’s a clue.

If you’ve been exploring 48 years, get some reports up on the site, then members may be more willing to help you out, but, as a general rule on the site, clues aren’t given, this isn’t a game show.
Fair enough!

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The crane is quite clearly WW2 era but the wagons are a few years younger and date from the early years of BR. Would love to pay a visit and take some pics myself!

At the risk of repeating myself the details are

63063DexS
ex Army
5T4WGrafton 1540/?1914

It was built in 1914 as a steam crane for a ship. Before the ship sank the crane was removed and added to a rail wagon. At some stage it was converted to Diesel either before or during its MOD service

Last edited:

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Although I am a newbie I have been exploring for most of my life (48 years) and my love of history means I would love to find this train. A whole afternoon of searching to no avail, although its registered to the east Somerset railway I am no closer to its location so as much as I enjoy the investigation please could I have a clue.
It's been at the ESR since at least 1991

Who has read this thread (Total: 808) View details