real time web analytics
Report - - Abandoned US Army Crane Train, Bristol - August 2020 | Military Sites | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned US Army Crane Train, Bristol - August 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

huntez99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello All,

I have a question that is playing on my mind - I don't suppose anyone can shed some light on it -

When I went and visited this site - I noticed something on the train that stood out and is slightly peculiar, it was an external electrical socket, it just looked like it was too new/modern to be where it was.

Image attached below - What are peoples thoughts?

I think this because of the amount of rust situated on the rest of the train and the fact there is next to no rust on the fittings of this socket also the etching on the socket that reads 'R216' just don't seem right to me.

External Electrics .JPG

nattyurbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello All,

I have a question that is playing on my mind - I don't suppose anyone can shed some light on it -

When I went and visited this site - I noticed something on the train that stood out and is slightly peculiar, it was an external electrical socket, it just looked like it was too new/modern to be where it was.

Image attached below - What are peoples thoughts?

I think this because of the amount of rust situated on the rest of the train and the fact there is next to no rust on the fittings of this socket also the etching on the socket that reads 'R216' just don't seem right to me.

External Electrics .JPG
The railway probably converted this wagon into a genorator van to provide power for wine and dine trains. This would have been the conection to take the power to the rest of the train.

huntez99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The railway probably converted this wagon into a genorator van to provide power for wine and dine trains. This would have been the conection to take the power to the rest of the train.
This sounds like it could be a possibility, however I am really struggling to find information relating to this.

Pavlov

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report! Took a trip to see this today, after an aborted attempt last week. It was not where I was originally expecting it to be, but once you start to eliminate possibilities it gets easier to pin down. Given its proximity to the nearest town I’m amazed that it seems so untouched; no graffiti or litter - the Costa coffee culprit must have been back to collect their cup! It is on private land though, as the friendly farmer reminded me on my way out (actually was genuinely friendly and quite chilled once I’d convinced him the only shooting I was doing on his land was photographs, and that my tripod was not, in fact, a shotgun).

209B4730-0D9A-4EF4-AB1C-68009F299610.jpeg

7A018FB6-1BAB-4027-B5E9-DC7D59D07296.jpeg

F1C980C4-2742-4CB7-AFE3-DABFF8D96D7A.jpeg

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report! Took a trip to see this today, after an aborted attempt last week. It was not where I was originally expecting it to be, but once you start to eliminate possibilities it gets easier to pin down. Given its proximity to the nearest town I’m amazed that it seems so untouched; no graffiti or litter - the Costa coffee culprit must have been back to collect their cup! It is on private land though, as the friendly farmer reminded me on my way out (actually was genuinely friendly and quite chilled once I’d convinced him the only shooting I was doing on his land was photographs, and that my tripod was not, in fact, a shotgun).

Nicely done! Yeah, it does start to fall into place pretty quickly once you have a few pieces and start eliminating locations... and yeah, I was shocked at its condition considering where it is... glad to hear it's still not been trashed

Who has read this thread (Total: 808) View details