Web
Analytics
Report - - Abandoned Victorian house in London | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Victorian house in London

ritual.joint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Happy 2021 everyone!

My name is Andras, just joined. This is my first ever report/experience with Urbex.
I couple of years back i was very interested joining, but as i was alone and locations seemed to be impossible to found i quickly gave up. :wanker

This time was different. I met someone who was also very interested to discover places so finally i wasn't alone. We done a lot of research and made plan A and the plan B to make sure something we could experience and won`t go home disappointed.

First we went to Clapham North, wanted to go down to old bunker, but we couldn`t as i didn't have no tools to bust the locks and anyways I'm not sure if i would feel comfortable to doing it so. So we went with plan B. I knew an old and cool looking house not far from my work. I went there one night to check if it is truly empty, as were no lights in the house i thought this could be one of the locations. We made our way to this house and sneak in the garden behind the house, check where we could penetrate the building. As we walked around we found a back door which was pushed open. We went in. I took a lot of pictures and videos, but as its in a middle of a residential area we tried to be stay low.
I wish i could give you story of the building, but i couldn`t find much information on it. Apparently it was built in the 1880s and unfortunately this all i can give you. Shame, im sure the house could tell us a lot of stories. Anyhow, i found a few things in the house. One is an air force pin, which i could not identify online and also find some negatives which i took pictures of and later on tried to reverse it in photoshop.

IMG_20210124_130234_958.jpg

IMG_20210124_130234_994.jpg
20210123_202826_HDR.jpg

20210123_205259.jpg
IMG_20210124_130234_967.jpg
20210123_210708_HDR.jpg
20210123_205315.jpg
20210123_211057.jpg
20210123_210431.jpg
IMG_20210124_130235_006.jpg

Love from us! :*
IMG_20210124_130235_012.jpg

Attachments

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Quite good that but a couple of issues.
Should have a rough date in title but as exploring is frowned upon during a lockdown Im hoping it was some point last year.
I really would NOT advertise any intention of "breaking in" anywhere. That is a criminal offence & while there may be mixed opinions on it its really best kept off a public forum.

Otherwise not a bad report, I did see this pop up a while back in lead or rumours so good to see it done.

ritual.joint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Agree with everything @Bikin Glynn has said. I do like the idea behind the negatives . Its a great looking house. Though London as location is very broad.
Yess, looking back now was pretty stupid to write anything like that in public.

It's in Croydon Borough; Only happened a few days ago. I know it's lockdown and should be isolating, but cannot bare to stay at home anymore.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Yess, looking back now was pretty stupid to write anything like that in public.

It's in Croydon Borough; Only happened a few days ago. I know it's lockdown and should be isolating, but cannot bare to stay at home anymore.
Thanks for narrowing the Location. It is frowned upon to explore during lockdown, and generally I dont agree with it. There has been heavy & sometimes nasty debates re exploring whilst in lockdown. Everything from accidents, call outs for being spotted, resealing an access, many people using same access point etc etc. But as you have recognized it is wrong to be out there, no hammering from me. Just a heads up, keep those explores off the site. When its safe please post & explore, we would love to see newbies become established.

1st report & its good btw. History hard to find on residentials sometimes.

ritual.joint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for narrowing the Location. It is frowned upon to explore during lockdown, and generally I dont agree with it. There has been heavy & sometimes nasty debates re exploring whilst in lockdown. Everything from accidents, call outs for being spotted, resealing an access, many people using same access point etc etc. But as you have recognized it is wrong to be out there, no hammering from me. Just a heads up, keep those explores off the site. When its safe please post & explore, we would love to see newbies become established.

1st report & its good btw. History hard to find on residentials sometimes.
Thank you, i know its morally questionable to do any kind of trips outside of necessary, but the same time i think this is the best time to do so as long you not using public transport and mixing with others. The places are relatively quiet , not many ppl around; just less busy in general which means less likely to be spotted. I do understand why the urbex community secretive and careful with locations and everything else. Obviously noone wants the places to be sealed off due to a bunch of immature kiddos who just want to have "fun" without considerring anything else. As for now i wont post for a while. Will wait until this lockdown ends. Thank you for your input anyway! ☺

elomio

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The film negative! I've got a professional 35mm scanner and would love to scan it in, post in this thread and then return it to the site, although that's probably not the best idea - leave only footsteps behind and all that.

ritual.joint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The film negative! I've got a professional 35mm scanner and would love to scan it in, post in this thread and then return it to the site, although that's probably not the best idea - leave only footsteps behind and all that.
Yeah would be nice to see even more in detail. I actually left it there, didn't feel comfortable to take it. It belongs to the house and someone. Left it there for the next explorer.

Van33

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for introducing yourself and for the report and photos. I really enjoyed reading and viewing the photos. Wishing you both well with your explorations.