Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Abandoned village - Wales | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Abandoned village - Wales

Bristol-Wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Has anyone been to or looked online at the abandoned village in pantyfynnon wales? Can see it online with a google looks like a worth while trip

Pantyffynnon, in Carmarthenshire, Wales, was deserted after authorities feared a moving mountain in the Swansea Valley would cause landslides. Hundreds of villagers were evacuated from the area in the 1960s and it became a ghost town overnight

Here’s 2 pictures from online, definitely worth a explore ;)

Attachments

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It is more Graig Road, between Godrergraig and Ystalyfera than Pantyffynnon.

Pantyffynnon is still there (just) but the whole area has been moving for years with subsidance from old workings and geological faults.

Last edited:

Bristol-Wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have you ever been yourself? Would love to go myself if it’s worth a visit don’t want to get burried though

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Have you ever been yourself? Would love to go myself if it’s worth a visit don’t want to get burried though
Been on the mountain above it looking for a few things but never been to the road. It used to be the (old) main road between Brecon and Swansea but the condemned part of it is now a footpath.

Bristol-Wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love going to wales visiting old castle ruins etc... such a nice drive over there can’t wait for us English to be allowed back over lol

cunningcorgi

28DL Regular User
Regular User