real time web analytics
Report - - Abbotshall School, Kirkcaldy, Scotland - January 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abbotshall School, Kirkcaldy, Scotland - January 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History
The first school was built in 1890 and designed by Robert Little. When the building was listed in 1996 it was used by Fife Council as employee development, social and community care training center.
The second school situated further up the hill, adjacent to the original building was designed by William Williamson.
Both buildings are category C listed.

The explore
Decided to visit this place after failing at another location nearby. It was a nice easy explore with many original architectural features. Sections of the floors were dodgy in places and there has been some minor damage from the local chavs, though thankfully they’ve concentrated their attacks on the modern outbuilding.

DBD_9278 3.jpg

The 1890 building

DBD_9288 3.jpg

The 1898 building. This was sealed on my visit

DBD_9273 3.jpg

DBD_9271 3.jpg

Cast iron drinking fountain by Macfarlanes Pat Foundry, Glasgow 'KEEP THE PAVEMENT DRY'

DBD_9242 3.jpg

DBD_9246 3.jpg

DBD_9248 3.jpg

DBD_9249 3.jpg

DBD_9251 3.jpg

DBD_9253 3.jpg

DBD_9259 3.jpg

DBD_9261 3.jpg

DBD_9266 3.jpg

DBD_9263 3.jpg

DBD_9264 3.jpg

Thanks for looking

tigger

mog
Regular User
Especially liking the drinking fountain.
I'm no spring chicken but neither was I born in the 1800's...I'm sure there were still quite a few drinking fountains around when I was a kid!

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love a Victoria building. Some really nice features there. I’m sure this is the school I was wandering around looking for access last week. Wasn’t paying attention to where I was as I was driving and taking instructions lol.

Pammyj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love a Victoria building. Some really nice features there. I’m sure this is the school I was wandering around looking for access last week. Wasn’t paying attention to where I was as I was driving and taking instructions lol.

Just been informed this one we drove straight passed as it was surrounded by cameras. :-(

Who has read this thread (Total: 269) View details