Web
Analytics
Report - - ABC/Canon/Forum - Liverpool - March 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ABC/Canon/Forum - Liverpool - March 2016

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been above the arch no organ pipes just massive air vent power stuff
Is it still accessible? I have to be extra cautious as I'm the larger side of things, so not as nimbal as I'd like to be lol.

But really would love to check this place out!!

Coxieboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw Jaws here....... 1976 ish.... scared the crap out of me. I was 13

xexxa

Grey xexxa, yellow xexxa
Regular User
Proper nice that!

Davey E

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fascinating to see the interior seems in fairly good condition. The photographs are excellent.
It seems the latest plan for the building is to be a live music venue and the plans are quite well developed with approval from the Council.

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well that is some good news. As it's a shame for the building to he just wasted like that. Although I want to get in b4 they do work on it!!

Adrian Rose

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Surely the organ's been removed either by a preservation society or pikeys
The organ console was removed fairly early on for a cinemascope screen.But none of the pipework or other parts have turned up in preservation.Up on the roof is a bit far away for pikeys

Five.Claws

Obligatory forum furry
28DL Full Member
Amazing! How has such a centrally-located location remained so untouched for 20 years?!

Cliffc100

28DL Member
28DL Member
Surely the organ's been removed either by a preservation society or pikeys
Hi

I have looked at the Compton organs that have been preserved in the UK and I cannot locate this unit anywhere, however if the Organ had been sold then the pipes would have been removed with the organ, this is standard practice when removing an organ for preservation, if the pipes were still there I would have been more inclined to lean towards the console having been removed and used either for spare parts to keep other consoles going, or scrapped. Its possible that this organ was saved by a private buyer.