real time web analytics
Report - - ABC/Canon/Forum - Liverpool - March 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ABC/Canon/Forum - Liverpool - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been above the arch no organ pipes just massive air vent power stuff
Is it still accessible? I have to be extra cautious as I'm the larger side of things, so not as nimbal as I'd like to be lol.

But really would love to check this place out!!

Davey E

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fascinating to see the interior seems in fairly good condition. The photographs are excellent.
It seems the latest plan for the building is to be a live music venue and the plans are quite well developed with approval from the Council.

Kei-J

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well that is some good news. As it's a shame for the building to he just wasted like that. Although I want to get in b4 they do work on it!!

Adrian Rose

28DL Member
28DL Member
Surely the organ's been removed either by a preservation society or pikeys
The organ console was removed fairly early on for a cinemascope screen.But none of the pipework or other parts have turned up in preservation.Up on the roof is a bit far away for pikeys

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Amazing! How has such a centrally-located location remained so untouched for 20 years?!

Cliffc100

28DL Member
28DL Member
Surely the organ's been removed either by a preservation society or pikeys

Hi

I have looked at the Compton organs that have been preserved in the UK and I cannot locate this unit anywhere, however if the Organ had been sold then the pipes would have been removed with the organ, this is standard practice when removing an organ for preservation, if the pipes were still there I would have been more inclined to lean towards the console having been removed and used either for spare parts to keep other consoles going, or scrapped. Its possible that this organ was saved by a private buyer.

morph40

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi

I have looked at the Compton organs that have been preserved in the UK and I cannot locate this unit anywhere, however if the Organ had been sold then the pipes would have been removed with the organ, this is standard practice when removing an organ for preservation, if the pipes were still there I would have been more inclined to lean towards the console having been removed and used either for spare parts to keep other consoles going, or scrapped. Its possible that this organ was saved by a private buyer.
Hi, the organ console was removed, but the pipe chambers are above the stage, there is a door just before you get up to the roof, it's been screwed shut, I have been talking to many people, and one guy said, he had spoken to someone the use to work there, and it was only the console that was removed, the rest is still there, but you will need a screwdriver and maybe some other tools to get in.

Cliffc100

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, the organ console was removed, but the pipe chambers are above the stage, there is a door just before you get up to the roof, it's been screwed shut, I have been talking to many people, and one guy said, he had spoken to someone the use to work there, and it was only the console that was removed, the rest is still there, but you will need a screwdriver and maybe some other tools to get in.
Hi

So that would make sense then I am guessing some one got the console either to replace a broken one in another location or for spairs

morph40

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi

So that would make sense then I am guessing some one got the console either to replace a broken one in another location or for spairs
Hi, I have been trying to see if someone can get in there, there is video footage, which shows someone finding a door up the staircase that leads onto the roof, it's not a very big door by the looks of it, and it is sealed up with screws.it just needs someone to go in and have a good look around that area.

The Man In Black

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I have been trying to see if someone can get in there, there is video footage, which shows someone finding a door up the staircase that leads onto the roof, it's not a very big door by the looks of it, and it is sealed up with screws.it just needs someone to go in and have a good look around that area.
Why does it need someone to look around why can't you look around yourself this isn't a site for people to make access juts so u can go

Who has read this thread (Total: 301) View details