real time web analytics
Report - - ABC Cinema - January 2018 - Maidstone, Kent | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ABC Cinema - January 2018 - Maidstone, Kent

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbtastic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just want to start off by thanking @monk for giving me some info on getting in. If you fancy a bit of background info on the place, swing by his report https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/maidstone-abc-cinema-17.t107835

The place is an absolute bitch to get into, especially if you want to not get seen by cameras.

Gonna jump right into the pics, taken on my phone, so they're a little on the potatoy side:

QZHytMW.jpg

7mQ8ly3.jpg

Since we were in the ladies toilets we felt the mirror selfie was obligatory

IC1laTO.jpg

NA2YGAu.jpg

qn4Ds6P.jpg

Someone got roasted pretty hard :D

5LGAT6M.jpg

iXfNsLr.jpg

e8ZN5Ql.jpg

ATEgr8N.jpg

A ladder lead up to the very top of the roof, didn't get too close to the edge for the fear of being seen, this pic is even blurrier than the rest :)

vDzSplA.jpg

What we figured to be the old ventilation system

bfWkbSe.jpg

STDQtrG.jpg

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
It looks like they've been patching up the walls in the auditorium there, wasn't like that about 10 years ago. The rest of it looks much the same. Well done on getting in here as I know exactly what a pain in the backside it is to access.

Mrmerrin

28DL Member
28DL Member
Top work lads, especially with the way you accessed the place.:thumb
I just explored this was the 1st Abandoned Cinema I explore ever so peaceful and lovely detail in it I love exploring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hanns explore

The adventure is calling...
28DL Full Member
It looks like they've been patching up the walls in the auditorium there, wasn't like that about 10 years ago. The rest of it looks much the same. Well done on getting in here as I know exactly what a pain in the backside it is to access.
yeah work started here then they took out all the site lights no one ever came back

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Youtube is good

Like you only see small parts in photos but a video you can see lots more

Every youtube video ive ever seen shows fuck all. Is just a bunch of bellends wandering around in the dark waving around a shite torch about. Look at some of the reports on here in the noteworthy section to see the best ways to document things, there aint many videos!..

Videos are great when theres a bit of action going on, real action rather then made up shite but really thy are only ever a supplement to the photos as far as showing the details of a place.

Also wind your neck in a bit, your on thin ice on here as it is.

Urbanexplorationsquad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heyy. Im back

Thanks for my two day holiday

Dont exactly know why you did it considering everything had stopped by then

But im back and i missed you guys sooooo much

Xoxo

Dizzydevil

28DL Member
28DL Member
as you know the ground floor is still in use as a bingo hall! was gala now Buzz ....so cudos to you getting in to the cinema bit! sadly in dec 2018 it was hit by arson so if anyone has done an explore update since then would be interesting to see what damage was done https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/bingo-continues-after-cinema-catches-fire-196111/ ! ...by the way this is my 1st time on here as a member ! ..allways interested in old theatres /cinemas / bingo halls as used to work in a coral /gala bingo club that was an old cinema! ..thats still standing in my home town but is now a furniture place and they have demolished a lot inside like the old pay boxes and the projection room sadly :( .....if anyone can get into the old metro in ashton u lyne or the old palace picture house in stalybridge as not seen these on here as of yet!

Who has read this thread (Total: 202) View details