real time web analytics
Report - - ABC/Forum Cinema, Liverpool March 2016 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ABC/Forum Cinema, Liverpool March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Degenatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, straight off the ue tourist bus into the ABC. Nevertheless I was not going to pass off the opportunity to see it. Judging by the amount of people we bumped into in there, there will be many more reports to come.

Anyway, what a spectacular place. I have never done a theatre/cinema before and it didn't disappoint.

Some history taken from the BBC local history page

964733c09ed79faa4b227eae2b082661c6955a21.jpg

The site of the now closed Forum Cinema used to house small shops and the American Bar. ABC acquired the entire lot in l930.

The Forum was one of the finest super cinemas of the early 30s, with a 100 ft. bronze canopy, a white marble stairway and café.

Thousands of Merseysiders went to "the pictures" at the Forum until the early 80s, when it was converted to a triple screen venue.

On 24th August l982, over 5,000 people passed through the £350,000 conversion, to watch a specially produced short called "The Cinema Strikes Back".
This was intended to win back former cinema goers.

The Forum finally closed its doors on 28th January 1998. The building is now listed, but remains unused.

The explore came to an abrupt end when an alarm went off. It may have been caused by me trying to turn the site lights on and accidentally powering up the alarm. Sorry to Acid reflux for disrupting his afternoon explore.:oops:

Explored with Trancentral and Rox

ABC-35.jpg

ABC-31.jpg

ABC-30.jpg

ABC-34.jpg

ABC-23.jpg

ABC-22.jpg

ABC-27.jpg

Eh, giz some popcorn lah.

ABC-24.jpg

ABC-14.jpg

Hi

ABC-11.jpg

ABC-10.jpg

ABC-17.jpg

ABC-6.jpg

It was dam hard to light with the site lights off.

ABC-18.jpg

ABC-1.jpg

ABC-8.jpg

ABC-4.jpg

ABC-2.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Degenatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks. I used my new Nikon D610 and I found that when fumbling around with it on an explore, its far too easy to accidentally change the settings all over the place. It was a pain in the arse.

ROCKS

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
fantastic pics as always mate, we had another good day of exploring :thumb

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent pictures Degenatron, check that pillar drill...fantastic :thumb

Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Its still epic mate but the copycat reports are pointless boring dross. Atleast if you go in there take some photos of some of the bits not yet covered. Dont think ive seen a photo of the boiler room or the central vacuum system or the remains of the organ chambers, there was loads of stuff in there to see.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Its still epic mate but the copycat reports are pointless boring dross. Atleast if you go in there take some photos of some of the bits not yet covered. Dont think ive seen a photo of the boiler room or the central vacuum system or the remains of the organ chambers, there was loads of stuff in there to see.

Yeah, they are abit repeaditive.

Last edited: