real time web analytics
Report - - Across the road from Healings Mill, Tewkesbury (January 2020) | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Across the road from Healings Mill, Tewkesbury (January 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Afternoon all,

Hope everyone's well. Following on from a recent report from Grom about Healings Mill in Tewkesbury, I thought I'd pop up some pictures ref; one of the buildings across the road. I've been debating if I should post this or not, but I couldn't find any references to it elsewhere on 28DL, so hopefully some of the following might be of interest to a few of you;

Background;

This was done on my first visit to the Mill back in January 2020 when, as I discovered when I arrived for my recce, most of Tewkesbury was underwater. D'oh!
I have since been back to the Mill for a full explore (March 2020) but since there's a thousand reports on the Mill itself already, I'll skip that and move onto the place I went instead back in January. (which wasn't underwater!) Across the road from the Mill, on the corner of Quay Street and Red Lane, is this place;

Screenshot-20200604-142246-Maps.png

History;

Ask again later.
Seriously, don't know. Sorry! If anyone does know anything, please enlighten. Possible social club for the Mill workers, maybe?

Explore;

I was a little miffed that I hadn't had the common sense to realise that, after the wetter Winter in a thousand years, an old Mill on the banks of the River might not be accessible due to flooding, but there you go. I'm forever surprising myself! I was solo, with no equipment and very little nerve at this (early) stage of my exploring life (still a newbie) but decided to have a look at some of the buildings across the road from the Mill instead.

P1030734.jpg

From the look of the decor inside, it's very dated, but equally it doesn't appear like it's been empty all that long? Access was surprisingly easy, so either it's not completely abandoned (??? Ooops!)
... or I'm very late to the party and missing something here?!

On that note; the upstairs looked like it was still lived in, to some extent, and I'll be honest, gave me the creeps and I did pussy out in the end. Perhaps with a second person (It's funny how the mind works when you're alone) and my headtorch, I may have ventured further...

P1030737.jpg

P1030739.jpg

P1030740.jpg

P1030741.jpg

I loved this little find.. looks like someone maybe set this up; ??

P1030744.jpg

Without a doubt though, the best thing about this place was the DJ booth old turntables!

P1030748.jpg

P1030747.jpg

P1030753.jpg

P1030762.jpg

P1030755.jpg

P1030759.jpg

Upstairs was where everything started to get a bit creepy for me and I lost my nerve a little! :P

P1030764.jpg

P1030767.jpg

P1030770.jpg

P1030771.jpg

^ I didn't go any further down that corridor. Thought I'd never come back! ;)

The cereal was still in date, the washing up was done, the clock on the wall still ticked and had the correct time, the 2020 diary on the shelf had writing in it on the date of my explore and the phone was still plugged in! (So was the one in the bar downstairs!)

Back downstairs;

P1030780.jpg

Both accesses to the cellar below the bar was open, but by this point I wanted out, and without a torch, I left the cellar for next time! ;)

P1030778.jpg

Best wishes all.

jtza

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks like a good mooch, pool table and natural light in the centre of the room is really nice

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Been eyeing this for a few years but every time we did the Mill it was locked up tight. Only way we could see in was a second floor window round the front on the street side but that would of been bait as fuck.

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's aweseome! I need to get in there!

Let me know if you plan on having a look, I'd like a return visit myself sometime.

Yes its Healings Social club I believe, has been covered before but nicely done!

Thanks for the info Glynn :)

Looks like a good mooch, pool table and natural light in the centre of the room is really nice

Thank you sir.

10 minutes from me this, looks awesome

Thanks Alex. Where abouts you from? I'm just down the road in Dursley.

Been eyeing this for a few years but every time we did the Mill it was locked up tight. Only way we could see in was a second floor window round the front on the street side but that would of been bait as fuck.

Haha yea, agreed! It would have taken you straight into the kitchen with the in-date cereal and up to date diary too!

Thanks all.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice this, though it does look like its in use. Id of pissed myself lol, in case a Tony Martin appeared lol.

Ive seen a cottage all broken windows, boards up, garden over grown, down a dirt rd, I ventured through the gate and down the garden steps, and suddenly spotted a light. After a creep around the perimeter someone was making tea in the kitchen , whoops!! lol

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice this, though it does look like its in use. Id of pissed myself lol, in case a Tony Martin appeared lol.

Ive seen a cottage all broken windows, boards up, garden over grown, down a dirt rd, I ventured through the gate and down the garden steps, and suddenly spotted a light. After a creep around the perimeter someone was making tea in the kitchen , whoops!! lol

Thanks Jane :D

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was eyeing this place up last weekend
Stupidly busy due to the nice weather though so didn’t even attempt the gate! Definitely one I would like to visit though. Did you make it into the place on the opposite side of the road? (Not the mill!)

Fluffy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is about the social club. I’m on about the brewery building opposite. It’s on the corner of Back of Avon road, not Red Lane.

Hey Rosie,

Nah I've not had any luck with the Brewery; tbh I thought that everything that side of the road (Brewery and Social club) was a no go, but just got lucky with the social club I guess. Don't think the Brewery has ever been open for us to explore as far as I know? x

Gunsnrosies

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey Rosie,

Nah I've not had any luck with the Brewery; tbh I thought that everything that side of the road (Brewery and Social club) was a no go, but just got lucky with the social club I guess. Don't think the Brewery has ever been open for us to explore as far as I know? x
Good to know, thanks. Will certainly keep an eye out now x

Who has read this thread (Total: 227) View details