Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Active abandoned sites in Aberdeenshire | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Active abandoned sites in Aberdeenshire

Storm28

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi everyone, we're professional photographers (also do drone photography) and we've begun a personal project of photographing abandoned sites in Aberdeenshire. We live very near Haddo House, Forgue which we have been to several times. I have been searching the internet for some time for other sites for us to visit in the Aberdeen / Aberdeenshire area but am not finding much or anything mentioned was a few years ago so I doubt are still abandoned by now. I know about the Kingseat Hospital at Newmachar but its now boarded up really well so thats a no go. Also heard about Tertowie House and an old hospital over Banchory direction but not sure if these ones are still accessible? We don't mind driving about but don't want wasted journeys since its a very rural area and we'd waste a hell of a lot of time/diesal doing so!

Could anyone suggest suitable sites which are current?? Thanks in advance!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good to hear you're professional photographers and fly drones, last person from Aberdeenshire I heard say that flew £30000 worth of drone and cameras into a very large part of an oil rig, we didn't laugh honest :D

There is a lot to see in the Aberdeen area, just not that many folk exploring, best thing would be find things yourself and that would save me all the time and diesel I waste trying to find stuff when I'm up that way.

Good luck and look forward to a report I hope?

Last edited:

norfolkexplorer

av u seen my marbels
28DL Full Member
I think there is a search bar for searching and I have found a few spots to check out when I am next up that way visiting family

Keviswatt

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, I'm pretty new to this but happened upon 3 places today up The Cabrach. One a small abandoned house, the other an old school house. Both accessible. There was also another large house in the area next to the church but was overgrown with nettles and I was wearing shorts. Love yo hear about any other places I could visit

Kev

the wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, I'm pretty new to this but happened upon 3 places today up The Cabrach. One a small abandoned house, the other an old school house. Both accessible. There was also another large house in the area next to the church but was overgrown with nettles and I was wearing shorts. Love yo hear about any other places I could visit

Kev
there are double cottages on the cabrach road to dufftown. at cabrach on the road before you go to dufftown there is a small cottage with chairs and a bed in it.check out wonderstar woodstock on you tube they have got some places abandoned to visit in the area

the wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Kev
there is a farmhouse just off turriff going up to forgue behind an old barn

the wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The school and cottages have recently all been boarded up at cabrach sadly
thats a shame at cabrach. the school was boarded up at cabrach last time i went but back door was open. other cottages were open at the doors for access. there are other cottages on the open country roads its just finding them.

Jtaylor18

28DL Member
28DL Member
There’s quite a few in the area ... the road from fochabers to boat o Briggs has several empty properties dotted along it
Spoke to a workman at cabrach and he said some energy company was looking to use the land he was out surveying so more than likely old buildings will end up pulled down which is a shame I was lucky enough to get some photos in a few of them a while back

the wonderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There’s quite a few in the area ... the road from fochabers to boat o Briggs has several empty properties dotted along it
Spoke to a workman at cabrach and he said some energy company was looking to use the land he was out surveying so more than likely old buildings will end up pulled down which is a shame I was lucky enough to get some photos in a few of them a while back

i was up elgin this weekend and missed that ones. there is double cottages at newton garry i found. i did hear cabrach has funding for a new project up there. its a shame to take any of them down. there are 2 great abandoned farms and abandoned bunkers just outside fraserburgh