real time web analytics
Question - - Advice on buying a respirator | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Advice on buying a respirator

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

NickUk

Ermahgerd
28DL Full Member
You don't need a respirator.
There's an asbestos immunisation process...

Step 1: Get a small block of asbestos, break it down to a fine powder.

Step 2: Roll £5/£10/£20 note up until it becomes a small, thin tube.

Step 3: Arrange asbestos powder into thin lines. (2 lines per person requiring immunisation from asbestosis)

Step 4: Snort said lines.

Step 5: Never worry about asbestos again.

(NickUk and 28dl will not be held responsible for ANYTHING that may happen as a result of this guide)

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
You don't need a respirator.
There's an asbestos immunisation process...

Step 1: Get a small block of asbestos, break it down to a fine powder.

Step 2: Roll £5/£10/£20 note up until it becomes a small, thin tube.

Step 3: Arrange asbestos powder into thin lines. (2 lines per person requiring immunisation from asbestosis)

Step 4: Snort said lines.

Step 5: Never worry about asbestos again.

(NickUk and 28dl will not be held responsible for ANYTHING that may happen as a result of this guide)

Now I know your a chav..... haha

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I have a question

Do you want the mask for protection or to take cliché emo gimp mask pics?

skelderz

Skelderz
28DL Full Member
I use an old C1 respirator and have had cause for it once...... but for the grand price of 9 quid plus some 40MM filters i didnt compain.

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For my job (car restorer) which involves a lot of different nasties, I buy Moldex 2485 disposable masks.They fit really well, and are much better made than most of the cheaper disposables, and they are good for welding fumes which are metal vapour, and asbestos so pretty good for any dusts you're likely to come across exploring, plus very comfortable.

Urban Ghost

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's worth remembering that if it's for asbestos you can still be exposed to dust/fibres you have picked up on your clothing after you take it off.

Cinnamon

28DL Member
28DL Member
Call me paranoid but I am going to buy a full face mask with P3 filters and a type 5 disposable overall with disposable glove and foot covers whenever i go urbexing in places that are all dusty and shit.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Call me paranoid but I am going to buy a full face mask with P3 filters and a type 5 disposable overall with disposable glove and foot covers whenever i go urbexing in places that are all dusty and shit.

I suppose that will help reduce your risk, and avoid others having to hear you using the word 'urbexing' - it's a win-win situation :thumb

Brian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No amount of filters and overalls can protect my feelings it would seem :(

Don't take it hard Cinnamon, it's just the 'urbexing' is a word that's a bit like 'poo-poo', 'wee-wee', 'doggy', etc. - yes, we all know what they mean - but that doesn't mean we'd choose to use them :thumb

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You're going to go exploring with a full face respirator?

mate, if you think it's that hazardous, why don't you take up chess or bridge or something?