real time web analytics
Question - - advice please on a safety helmet | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - advice please on a safety helmet

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im thinking of buying a PETZL VERTEX VENT helmet has anyone got one if yes how do you rate it. is it comfortable. any advice or recommendations would be highly appreciated, thanks. stay safe

bernold

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good bits of kit, comfortable for all day wear.

If its for wandering around buildings etc, just get a hard hat from toolstation

FalloutShelter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not used the Vertex model as I prefer a hybrid (Boreo), but Petzl make good comfortable helmets and I don't think you'd be going wrong with the Vertex. Are you going to be drilling holes in it to mount lamps/battery packs? If so, the Vertex is probably a better option as it's more of a faff to drill a hybrid or foam helmet.

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good bits of kit, comfortable for all day wear.

If its for wandering around buildings etc, just get a hard hat from toolstation
thanks for replying, ill be using the helmet underground and crawling through tunnels and pipes hence why i want the vertex as its fixed to my head and can modify it to carry a light

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not used the Vertex model as I prefer a hybrid (Boreo), but Petzl make good comfortable helmets and I don't think you'd be going wrong with the Vertex. Are you going to be drilling holes in it to mount lamps/battery packs? If so, the Vertex is probably a better option as it's more of a faff to drill a hybrid or foam helmet.
yes mate, ill be atatching a light etc

Chrisrowland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
plus ive got the petzl pixa 3 head torch which atatches directly to the vertex

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Depends on how many pounds you think your bonce is worth, just make sure that your kid has a comfy chin strap, Bob the Builder is not your friend. If you are going to make holes in your lid might I suggest going in with a clean soldering iron or suitable diameter hot wire. It might be a bit stinky but it stresses the plastic a lot less than a twist drill. Oh yeah cableties and snoopy loops are your best mate for strapping shit to your lid!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I'd say just like a pair of shoes, some fit better than others, so even though people do recommend it go and try it on first before you buy. Hopefully from somewhere that also has other brands of helmets so you can compare them.

Plus I would not modify a helmet by drilling holes in it TBH, find something suitable which uses the attachments already provided.

Last edited: