Web
Analytics
Question - - Advice wanted - cheap camera? | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Advice wanted - cheap camera?

Brigand

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got £250 - 300 to spend and I currently know almost nothing. Architecture, low light & long exposure would be my primary interest, but it would probably get used for a bit of everything. Any suggestions welcome!

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
could always go for an entry level dslr like a d3200 or d3300 with a kit lense until you work out the functions and then start buying more lenses mabe upgrade

WelshMoocher

Where'd the floor go?
28DL Full Member
Is a basic dslr ok for low-light? I wouldn't need add-ons to get some reasonable images?
I used to do a lot of astro stuff with an 1100D, and also done some underground long exposure (and light painting) with the same one. I was using 1100D and a kit lens. It's not the greatest kit, but it's really good for a tight budget.

Zeebex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I started on a Cannon 1000D, it all depends on what you want to use it for, if you are primarily wanting it for just photos, I would recommend it as an entry level camera, although the 650D is a must have if you want to film aswell, just watch out though as these things stop production quite quickly and you are forced in to buying the model up. I bought mine direct from factory in china and would say that this is the best way to go about it. I got it dhl to my house in a couple of days all the way from china, no import duty and a whole lot of money saved. if I find the link I will post it up.

Hope this helps

Brigand

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I bought mine direct from factory in china and would say that this is the best way to go about it. I got it dhl to my house in a couple of days all the way from china, no import duty and a whole lot of money saved. if I find the link I will post it up.

Hope this helps
Sounds great, yes please!