Web
Analytics
Advice wanted - cheap camera? | Photo Threads | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Advice wanted - cheap camera?

Brigand

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got £250 - 300 to spend and I currently know almost nothing. Architecture, low light & long exposure would be my primary interest, but it would probably get used for a bit of everything. Any suggestions welcome!

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
could always go for an entry level dslr like a d3200 or d3300 with a kit lense until you work out the functions and then start buying more lenses mabe upgrade

WelshMoocher

Where'd the floor go?
28DL Full Member
Is a basic dslr ok for low-light? I wouldn't need add-ons to get some reasonable images?
I used to do a lot of astro stuff with an 1100D, and also done some underground long exposure (and light painting) with the same one. I was using 1100D and a kit lens. It's not the greatest kit, but it's really good for a tight budget.

Zeebex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I started on a Cannon 1000D, it all depends on what you want to use it for, if you are primarily wanting it for just photos, I would recommend it as an entry level camera, although the 650D is a must have if you want to film aswell, just watch out though as these things stop production quite quickly and you are forced in to buying the model up. I bought mine direct from factory in china and would say that this is the best way to go about it. I got it dhl to my house in a couple of days all the way from china, no import duty and a whole lot of money saved. if I find the link I will post it up.

Hope this helps

Brigand

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I bought mine direct from factory in china and would say that this is the best way to go about it. I got it dhl to my house in a couple of days all the way from china, no import duty and a whole lot of money saved. if I find the link I will post it up.

Hope this helps
Sounds great, yes please!