real time web analytics
Report - - AEI Cable Works: Air Raid Shelter, Kent : July 2017 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - AEI Cable Works: Air Raid Shelter, Kent : July 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Access level med/difficult

After a long time searching for these, (2 yrs ) I was finally given 3 ways to get there. But as the tunnels are in the hands of council and monitored I wanted to be careful.

ACCESS DETAILS REMOVED!

When inside, wow was I surprised. The tunnels were huge, long and high.

History
I can not find much history on these, only that they were WW2 air raid shelters, with men & woman sections and sick bay. Rumor has it they run to the Thames, that is some way away, around 3 miles. I cant confirm this as some of the tunnels had been bricked off at the ends.

I will add info as I research it more. Im planning a second trip soon. So for now thought id share my first July explore as Ive not added anything for over 5 weeks .

So here are some photos. Most of the big tub things were used as toilets as some had loo seats on. There were remains of sink holders, and pipe work for water and air vents for circulation.

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

IMG_6076_jpg1.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/nuwz25/IMG_6091.jpg[/IMG
[/URL]
[ATTACH=full]736733[/ATTACH]
[URL='https://imgbb.com/[/url']

[/URL]
[ATTACH=full]736734[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_6071.JPG
    IMG_6071.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6093.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6094.jpg
    IMG_6094.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 75

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
the more recent access isnt medium to difficult unless you missed the blatantly easy way in..but hey ho the place is slowly being destroyed by the locals..nice that you got in though its still a decent shelter

Calamity Jane

Regular User
the more recent access isnt medium to difficult unless you missed the blatantly easy way in..but hey ho the place is slowly being destroyed by the locals..nice that you got in though its still a decent shelter

Found easy way out lol

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Looks good, but why describe access? Anyone with an ounce of a brain would be able to figure it out from what you have said

I added access as I found it difficult as the easy way I hadn't found. I have just been put right on general etiquette to use on the forum. So apologies for the upset

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

Regular User
:popcorn

FYI as a general rule you never describe access details on a public forum.

Ok, thankyou for putting it like that. Im new here, been exploring for 15 yrs but new member on here, and will take note of that. Truly thankyou.

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Access level med/difficult

After a long time searching for these, (2 yrs ) I was finally given 3 ways to get there. But as the tunnels are in the hands of council and monitored I wanted to be careful.

ACCESS DETAILS REMOVED!

When inside, wow was I surprised. The tunnels were huge, long and high.

History
I can not find much history on these, only that they were WW2 air raid shelters, with men & woman sections and sick bay. Rumor has it they run to the Thames, that is some way away, around 3 miles. I cant confirm this as some of the tunnels had been bricked off at the ends.

I will add info as I research it more. Im planning a second trip soon. So for now thought id share my first July explore as Ive not added anything for over 5 weeks .

So here are some photos. Most of the big tub things were used as toilets as some had loo seats on. There were remains of sink holders, and pipe work for water and air vents for circulation.

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6067.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6073.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6075.jpg

IMG_6076.jpg

IMG_6076_jpg1.jpg

IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

https://preview.ibb.co/nuwz25/IMG_6091.jpg[/IMG

IMG_6093.jpg

https://imgbb.com/[/url

IMG_6094.jpg
[/URL]

OMG Henleys i have not seen these tunnels since 2013 when i got in is the signs for the DJ table still down there? We held a massive party for loads of urbexers back in 2013

UrbanFoxCub

Explore and love the adventure
Banned
Been other partys since then
Yeah so i have heard from pals :) it makes me laugh at the access. Still the same i'm told lovely bit of space would be good to see it reused in the redevelopment but unfortunatley they plan to back fill each entrance tunnel with 20ton of concrete :(

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Yeah so i have heard from pals :) it makes me laugh at the access. Still the same i'm told lovely bit of space would be good to see it reused in the redevelopment but unfortunatley they plan to back fill each entrance tunnel with 20ton of concrete :(
It’s seen better days mate was wide open for a while ..lovely location for a party tho