Web
Analytics
Report - - AEI Cable Works Air Raid Shelter, Northfleet. September 2020 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - AEI Cable Works Air Raid Shelter, Northfleet. September 2020

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like many others, I hit this awesome location some years ago and thoroughly enjoyed subsequent visits. However, during the pandemic it seems that this old favourite had fallen foul to the festering graffiti turds! Once again people defacing a piece of history, where potentially members of their own family bloodline would have taken shelter!!! With more and more reports of damage coming forward in various forums it was time to head back to this gem before it was no longer recognisable as it once was. A particular friend still hadn't seen this place so a quick call to more one buddy and it was on. With construction work and new security measures in place where I was used to, this was the first time for me heading down the 'staircase'. With it pouring rain my hip loved scrapping it's way down the end drop, not! Surprisingly, a previously sealed entry point was wide open so was no surprise that kids were finding their way in. Thankfully we had the place to ourselves, so being a new location for my pal I let him take point. The awful graffiti couldn't spoil this place, it still looked epic with a great feel about it. The main changes I noticed was sections of flooring being smashed up, the graffiti, tags, old wooden sections smashed up and most annoyingly bloody white paint over some of the old signage. A part of me wished that the turds responsible would rock up for another graffiti turd fest so I could kick 'em in the Mary! Alas, no such joy. I took some new shots but avoided areas with too much damage or graffiti as I would like to remember this great place for what it once was.

No history folks, due to the volume of previous reports which more than cover this in some depth.

Now time for a few shots from latest and very first visit.

DSC_0120-01-01.jpeg

received_1458324657642791.jpeg

IMG_20190730_075054_401.jpg

DSC_0154-01.jpeg

DSC_0126-02.jpeg

DSC_0135-01.jpeg

DSC_0144-01.jpeg

20200930_203737-01.jpeg

20190720_063647.jpg

20200930_202941-01.jpeg

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Some nice shots there and you’ve done well to hide the graffiti in your newer shots. Only thing I’d say is history never goes a miss even if something has been reported on prior, just ties everything together in my mind.

Urban Ginger Hog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some nice shots there and you’ve done well to hide the graffiti in your newer shots. Only thing I’d say is history never goes a miss even if something has been reported on prior, just ties everything together in my mind.
Many thanks for the honest feedback, it's much appreciated

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nicely lite, fab photos of the old place. I was going to check on this, this weekend if my cough goes, no need now. Bloody vandals, cant leave anything alone.

ThorLW7

28DL Member
28DL Member
Really interesting pictures, thanks for sharing!
I have lived just a couple of minutes up the road from this since I moved here 5 years ago, but I've never heard anything about them until this morning.
I'd love to know how to find the entrance, if there's any chance you'd be willing to share it with me?
Thank you!

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
I have lived just a couple of minutes up the road from this since I moved here 5 years ago, but I've never heard anything about them until this morning.
I'd love to know how to find the entrance, if there's any chance you'd be willing to share it with me?
Thank you!
you cant miss it.. go for a walk, if you know the area well , then you will be able to find a subtle way down there

ThorLW7

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've had a little walk this morning and the only place I can imagine it being is where the development is currently going on. Am I in the right area?

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you!
What @Wevsky said if u look hard for other reports you may even find pics of the entrance ;-)