real time web analytics
Report - - Agecroft control room - September 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Agecroft control room - September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The history

Opening in 1925 and closing in 1993, agecroft was responsible for providing 100,000kw of electricity to the surrounding areas. The site was once a bustling site of energy with cooling towers on site...however these were demolished in 1994 leaving the control room and other parts of the building to decay. The site closed in 1993.

The explore

Bit of an odd one this one.....to add insult to injury to my normal clumsy self, I was doddering around in a cast with a broken arm. Trying to climb a muddy hill with one arm to stop me falling, wasnt my finest moment. After a few mishaps on how to get in we were in. Once in side it was clear that this building had been left for a lonnnnnng time....covered in pigeon poo. Me and my gal @UrbanDoll were doing our thing when we heard voices....thinking some other urbexers were coming to join the fun we waited until we totally realised they were like metal thieves....or clearly murderers. Anyway....they didn't find us.....we got our photos and made the stealthiest exit to avoid them ever. All in all a nice little derp.

Cheeeeeeers if you got this far. :thumb:thumb

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Murderers love hanging about in derp control rooms, it’s a very niche rage.

You got some great pics there, I’d love to see this place. Nice one!

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Murderers love hanging about in derp control rooms, it’s a very niche rage.

You got some great pics there, I’d love to see this place. Nice one!
Haha. That's why I"m always in them ;) jokes. Seriously though. We got a photo of them out the window without them seeing us and I swear his eyes went in different directions. He looked muderous. Queue rushed photos and a quick exit.

It was really nice actually...I think it got sealed sometime toward the back end of last year though :(

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Haha. That's why I"m always in them ;) jokes. Seriously though. We got a photo of them out the window without them seeing us and I swear his eyes went in different directions. He looked muderous. Queue rushed photos and a quick exit.

It was really nice actually...I think it got sealed sometime toward the back end of last year though :(
Hahaha! Yeah the doasyoulikeys can be an odd looking breed. Glad you got away ok, hate bumping into them. Yeah heard it got sealed, pics in the press didn’t help!

drummergirl_90

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hahaha! Yeah the doasyoulikeys can be an odd looking breed. Glad you got away ok, hate bumping into them. Yeah heard it got sealed, pics in the press didn’t help!
Legit thought my time on this good planet had come to an end. Not gon' lie. Lol. Shitting it was an understatement.

Yeah. Dweebs selling out. Buggers it up for the rest of us. Glad I got to see it. Was an alright day TBF despite being handicapped with a battered wrist.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Love the write up, had me laughing with your innuendos. But seriously nice report. Nice find. I love machines even if I dont know what they are for lol :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 163) View details