real time web analytics
Report - - Agecroft Powerstation | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Agecroft Powerstation

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Banzai Bailey

Banned
Banned
Hi, I've been exploring for over a decade now but just never documented any of my explores till recently,decided i would do a tour on new years day around age croft power station,access is not hard but very awkward put too much timber on haha...had to be extra quiet around here due to active security and the company next to the place was open, managed to get some images and a few clips from the visit,i will definitely be revisiting this place...put a bit of info below on the place

AGECROFT POWERSTATION
Just along the banks of the River Irwell lies this hidden, post-apocalyptic looking powerstation.
Between 1925 and 1993, the Agecroft Power Station supplied 100,000Kw of electricity to power homes and industry in Greater Manchester and further afield.The former two stacks and four enormous cooling towers were powered by coal from the nearby Agecroft Colliery.It was formally decommissioned in 1993 before it was demolished in a controlled explosion on 8 May, 1994 in front of crowds
some of my friends and family to witness the end of an era.

Cheers Steve
that gathered and

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Fair play and thanks for sharing, although it's only the remnants of the substation and a bit that joins onto the switchgear room which is now mostly in a skip.

The main station was demolished years ago, I remember it well :thumb

Banzai Bailey

Banned
Banned
Fair play and thanks for sharing, although it's only the remnants of the substation and a bit that joins onto the switchgear room which is now mostly in a skip.

The main station was demolished years ago, I remember it well :thumb

Banzai Bailey

Banned
Banned
Thanks buddy... Yeah sort of gathered that looking round...still loads to explore but I heard dogs on site so had to get out.