real time web analytics
Report - - Ainscough Flour mill-burscough-11/05/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ainscough Flour mill-burscough-11/05/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

Following on from suggestions from Karl. pixie and Azubi that i check this place out, i decided to on their reccommendation as i figured if all 3 of them thought it was a good site then it must be worth seeing, so with that in mind myself and Lawrence headed over to burscough to check it out.

Set on the leeds liverpool canal, ainscough was one of the last mills to stop using the canal for transport and still has the original roof overhanging the canal to shelter the bargemen from the elements, it consists of a victorian house of about 1850, the original mill and chimney and some later additions as you can see in this picture.
DSCF3367.jpg

The victorian house was (as far as i can tell) used for administration and research and houses a laboratory and offices and has many of the original features associated with a house of this period including stained glass and cornicing.
DSCF3227.jpg

And of course the usual safe
DSCF3225.jpg

the labs
DSCF3235.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

Moving into the mill itself now, being mancunian and a northerner ive seen my fair share of mill interiors but most of those were used for the production of textiles and this was my first ever flour mill so it was interesting to see how modern milling has evolved from the old fashioned rotating stones.
DSCF3245.jpg

one of many sacks lying around
DSCF3255.jpg

Control panels
DSCF3259.jpg

DSCF3270.jpg

DSCF3275.jpg

Ive got a lovely pair of budenbergs (anyone who's ever been out with me will know how excited i got when spotting these beauties, manufactured in broadheath no more than 2 miles from my home)
DSCF3282.jpg

DSCF3292.jpg

DSCF3294.jpg

DSCF3342.jpg

DSCF3343.jpg

Lawrence

Born With A Beard
28DL Full Member
Oh My GOD! I look a state on that pic! :eek:

Was a good day i felt, apart from getting pulled on the way there by the police, but he was a sound guy.

A lot of the rooms seemed the same, and the floors had some tremendous drop, but the highlight was the tower, and climbing to the top of the rusty fire escape.

anywho.. pics.

DSCF0592.jpg

DSCF0591.jpg

DSCF0589.jpg

DSCF0586.jpg

DSCF0536.jpg

DSCF0540.jpg

DSCF0551.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0569.jpg

DSCF0570.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0596.jpg

DSCF0600.jpg

Not many as me camera's batteries were on their last legs.

AndyM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the tour of the site Si, glad you knew your way round as I'd never have found the way out again, what a bloody maze! Nice pic of me gibbo, I needed a bit of a kip you see!
A lot of mine are similar to what's been posted, so here are a few of mine.

DSC_3593.gif

View attachment 38018

View attachment 38022

View attachment 38024

View from near the top - I didn't go all the way up the water tower, not so much the height as the ladder to get up there!
View attachment 38027

Flour
View attachment 38030

View attachment 38032

Worlds smallest ladder - for cleaning ground floor windows?
View attachment 38034

Having conquered his fear of heights, R1 continues to look for new challenges
View attachment 38037

Now go sweep that yard!
View attachment 38038