real time web analytics
Report - - Air Raid Shelter - Port Glasgow [Jan 18] | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Air Raid Shelter - Port Glasgow [Jan 18]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On the opposite side of site there was another shelter that led under the old ropeworks and the bay Street building second tunnel been filled you can walk further up towards the town into old burnt out paint factory .ropeworks are now luxury apartments shelter is pretty well sealed plans are afoot to build new houses on the old bouverie Street site

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
On the opposite side of site there was another shelter that led under the old ropeworks and the bay Street building second tunnel been filled you can walk further up towards the town into old burnt out paint factory .ropeworks are now luxury apartments shelter is pretty well sealed plans are afoot to build new houses on the old bouverie Street site

Is this the tunnel nearer the road that going under the factory near Lidl? I found that first but didn't get far up it due to the deep mud, I assumed this was drainage related but maybe its what you mentioned?

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is this the tunnel nearer the road that going under the factory near Lidl? I found that first but didn't get far up it due to the deep mud, I assumed this was drainage related but maybe its what you mentioned?
That's the lesser tunnel if you walk directly across and under the railway you will see two tunnels one was access to ropeworks and one on left was another shelter .the lesser one collapsed last checked .the left hand tunnel across the way was backfilled .the old scrapyard behind Lidl was the yarn dyeing house last was down that way it was being used by welding company .

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
I didn't see this first time round, that's really nice! Really well photographed too, lighting is perfect.