real time web analytics
Report - - Alden Brook Culverts - Rossendale - June 2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alden Brook Culverts - Rossendale - June 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Visited with concreteJungle.

The Alden Brook is a tributary of the River Ogden (itself a tributary of the Irwell) and is culverted at its lower reaches until shortly before joining the river.

The two stone built culverts are rather photogenic but quite rocky underfoot and made for a pleasant mooch on a midsummer’s afternoon in Lancashire.

Photos shown in the order of upstream to downstream.

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

From the pipe in the ceiling, a beam of daylight shines down onto the floor. This looks good, especially in the absence of torchlight.

E.jpg

F.jpg

G.jpg

H.jpg

J.jpg

K.jpg

The final photo of this section of culvert prior to a brief open air section before the brook drops down a waterfall into the second culvert.

L.jpg

The start of the second culvert.

M.jpg

N.jpg

O.jpg

P.jpg

P.jpg

Q.jpg

R.jpg

S.jpg

T.jpg

U.jpg

V.jpg

W.jpg

Cheers to CJ for the company on this little explore :)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
The build of this is just stunning. Lovely images. Water looks so clear in places. Looks relaxing

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Very nice, my ankles are aching just looking at it!

Thanks. It wasn't as bad as it looks tbh, nothing like the ankle twisting nastiness of Inhospitable.

Very cool, thinking of exploring a culvert local to me soon. Not sure it will be as nice as this one though

Thank you. Give it a go while the weather isn't too bad and take some photos if it turns out to be a good one :)