real time web analytics
Report - - Alderbury ROC Post, Salisbury - March 2007 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alderbury ROC Post, Salisbury - March 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In a bid to get all my reports up after a long time dormant, here are some older pictures of Alderbury ROC post near Salisbury, which I believe is still in fairly good condition - seen in a post from 2018 by @nathaniela44
It was open and clean when I accessed it 13 years ago o_O

The Visit

A really simple explore after looking around the neighbouring folly on the other side of the A36. Hatch wasn't sealed and was an easy if scary descent into pitch blackness. When I visited it had everything from the Glitto to the nasty toilet paper to the asbestos fire blanket and notices all over the wall. The siren was absent, but a lot of other stuff was still surprisingly present.
Photos were taken on an early digital camera so please excuse the lack of pixels!

49478193247_c767f906a1_b.jpg

49477490343_1bd3d8d015_b.jpg

49478191902_6d9d49270e_b.jpg

49477972146_d886fe01bb_b.jpg

49477489648_0a5ef414d0_b.jpg

49477972901_48f8cbe2e9_b.jpg

49477973081_330a855fcd_b.jpg

49477490743_06380df811_b.jpg

49477972486_5954e305b8_b.jpg

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
One of the best-condition ROC posts I've ever seen. Seen a report from September 2016 and it still loks OK then. Great stuff...

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of the best-condition ROC posts I've ever seen. Seen a report from September 2016 and it still loks OK then. Great stuff...

It definitely was great condition back then, I'm hoping it still is! It's relatively remote and hidden so thankfully has avoided the oiks! Thank you!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As above that looks pretty excellent. I thought Sutton Basset was good but this does look better I really hope it dosent get trashed

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely stuff, these ROCs interest me, this certainly is one of the best ive seen.

nathaniela44

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Afraid to see it's not in much of a good state these days. I haven't been up there since last summer but it was a mess when i was there last.. If your in the area Stockbridge is still in good nick, but access is somewhat more interesting than Alderbury!

Kidney

Weirdy Beardy
28DL Full Member
Will have to dig out a few photos from 2017, was in pretty similar condition but the bed has been dismantled. Boscombe ROC has had a fire, looks like someone set fire to the bed.

trifly

28DL Member
28DL Member
Not quite so nice anymore unfortunately, I must of went back October/November time, looked like someone had possibly been living down there, quite a few of the posters etc also missing. But then again I last went before that probably around sept 2017 so may not be that recently

bungalow-build

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's amazing, only ever been in a completely stripped one so really pleased to see what they actually looked like.

Eddiek

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The condition of this outpost is truly amazing. I see from comments that this sadly is not the case now. I can't understand why people have to Wreck places. A bit selfish really..

Last edited:

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As above that looks pretty excellent. I thought Sutton Basset was good but this does look better I really hope it dosent get trashed

I havent seen Sutton Basset yet so I will look into that one. It did look fab, but as others mentioned I dont think it is any more!

Lovely stuff, these ROCs interest me, this certainly is one of the best ive seen.

Much appreciated, it was indeed awesome! I saw the Boscombe one too and thats ruined sadly!

Afraid to see it's not in much of a good state these days. I haven't been up there since last summer but it was a mess when i was there last.. If your in the area Stockbridge is still in good nick, but access is somewhat more interesting than Alderbury!

I will have to check it out soon once the weather improves. Alas if the pump was broken it might not be much longer for this world! Stockbridge sounds interesting, up for a scout out together?

Wow. Now that's minted out. Very nice.

Thank you, it was. Brilliant to see it so original!

Will have to dig out a few photos from 2017, was in pretty similar condition but the bed has been dismantled. Boscombe ROC has had a fire, looks like someone set fire to the bed.

Yes I have seen Boscombe years ago, was a sorry state. I'll try and get back to Alderbury soon and see what condition it is in!

Not quite so nice anymore unfortunately, I must of went back October/November time, looked like someone had possibly been living down there, quite a few of the posters etc also missing. But then again I last went before that probably around sept 2017 so may not be that recently

Oh really? That's a shame maybe that is the case. I'll have to go back soon and find out.

That's amazing, only ever been in a completely stripped one so really pleased to see what they actually looked like.

Thank you, it is like a blast from the past!

The condition of this outpost is truly amazing. I see from comments that this sadly is not the case now. I can't understand why people have to Wreck places. A bit selfish really..

It is selfish, and a total shame. This one isnt even near a town centre or something, so someone has gone out of their way to destroy it!

Who has read this thread (Total: 195) View details